Chapter 4: Protecting

Lucifer grabbed the robe that he wore when he went into town before jumping out of the window and flying towards the city, hoping she was in this part of the kingdom. While with Charlie and Vaggie, she was being shown around town, having a blast seeing the colors and all the people smiling and not killing each other, and just having fun, which was refreshing to see. 

Alastor was observing them to see if they could give him more clues about Lucie, while Rosie was trying to feed them a lot of food since they looked really weak due to their skin looking pale compared to normal humans. Vaggie and Charlie rejected it since overeating human food can make them sick, unlike fruit which they can eat as much as they like.

Charlie continued to speak with them and even revealed her goal of opening an inn where everyone could be friends without fighting, however, she did not mention her wish for vampires and humans to be friends. They also talked about her father and how well he got along with them, which confused her more.

She pondered why her father didn't want her to know about his encounters with humans, given that she assumed he disliked them. Despite her interest in her father's connection with them, especially Alastor. she chose to ignore it and concentrate on having fun and talking with Rosie. Rosie noticed Charlie looked unhappy.

Rosie: "What's wrong dear"

Charlie: "It's just,...never mind"

Rosie: "Well if you need someone to chat with, I am here"

Charlie: "ok, thank you, Rosie"

She sat at the side of the bar, clutching the drink, perplexed, and turned around to chat with Rosie again, only to find Vaggie approaching her.

Charlie: "vaggie, is there something wrong"

Vaggie: "Charlie, we should be returning home, especially since the red moon is soon upon us."

Charlie: "ok"

Rosie: "Wait, you're already leaving, but you'll miss the festival."

Charlie: "A festival"

Rosie: "Yes, it is being held in the middle of town, and it is about to start"

Vaggie was about to say no, only to stop when Charlie gave her puppy eyes. She sighed and stated that it would be OK as long as they were home before the red moon. Charlie walked over to Rosie and they decided to join them for the festival.

They went to the middle of town, and Charlie noted that they were about to light a bonfire for the celebration. All of the lights were turned on, and the decorations throughout town made the atmosphere cheerful. The jazz music started playing across town everyone was dancing around. Charlie drew Vaggie into dancing and having fun. Meanwhile, Lucifer continued to glance about the realm. He began feeling exhausted to the point he felt like passing out, but he kept his focus on finding his daughter.

After the dance, Vaggie noticed that it was almost time for the moon. She went to get Charlie to take her home. Charlie agreed, and as they were heading back, she couldn't help but think about revealing that they were vampires to the humans, Alastor and his team. She thought she could trust them, but first, she needed to speak with her father and check on him, as she knew he had trouble sleeping at times. She wanted to help him with it.

They continued walking until they realized they were almost at their destination, where they encountered Alastor. However, they saw that the crimson moon was already visible. Vaggie urged to leave fast and they did, only to come to a halt when Charlie noticed an injured person. She walked over to help, but Vaggie stated they didn't have time for it. Charlie argued that they couldn't leave the person behind. As they debated, they saw a figure approaching. Vaggie drew her sword, only to realize it was a vampire hunter it was Vox, covered in blood. The sight made them feel hungry, to halt this, they bit their arms, attempting to keep their minds focused.