Chapter One

It had been a couple weeks since Y/n had last seen Gonner. He was sent off on forest patrol by Nebulosa, which sent Piroska into a rage fit that she, of course, had to deal with. It was originally just a quick general scout, but there was news of a zombie who had the Azoth, and Nebulosa was determined to get it.

"I miss Gonner." The red haired girl whined. Y/n not really focussing on her, calmly responded, "He'll be back with the Azoth soon." "But I wanna see him now! I bet he's so lost without me.." She whined, stomping her foot. "I bet he's just fine." She spoke, continuing to stare up at the ceiling from her place in her coffin. The zombie huffed and puffed before storming off, presumably to go back to her room.

Y/n rubbed her temple, "Oh my god, Gonner you better be back soon before this girl makes me go insane." She sighed, closing her eyes. Not even a minute of rest, and her door was slammed open. She heard Thorko's gruff voice mumble out words that she could barely comprehend before she was whisked out of her comfortable bed, and thrown over his shoulder. "What!? Why can't Piroska do it?" She thrashed, but his grip stayed tight. He spoke again, this time she heard more clearly. "Ha, you're funny."

/////////////////////

Here she is now, hiding along the tree line of the farm Gonner was scouting at, waiting for something, anything to make it less boring. Nebulosa was getting tired of the lack of success her underlings were having, and wanted her to help him capture the girls with the Azoth. It made her laugh to think about how Nebulosa thought he was incompetent and needed her help, which of course he did. She wasn't too sure where he was at the moment, however, so she was scouting out to find him.

Two girls in the distance brought her out of thought. She watched them hide behind a stump, causing her to instinctively crouch lower, even though she knew they couldn't see her. She could faintly hear their voices but couldn't make out the words. After a minute the two stood up and started making their way to the house. She noticed the scarecrow in the field start to follow them, finally finding Gonner's hiding spot.

What was he thinking? 2 on 1? He was such an idiot. He attacked them, chasing them with a flamethrower he rigged up in his sleeve. She snickered watching him stumble around on stilts trying to chase them. Eventually, the they outsmarted him and caught him off his guard, knocking him out cold.

Y/n couldn't see the mummy girl anywhere, and decided to take this chance to nab the other, which Piroska said was named Dixie. She snuck up from behind while the girl was looking down at Gonner and grabbed her, covering her mouth and holding her arms down.
Dixie thought faster than she did though and headbutted her, kicking the backs of her knees and causing her to drop to the ground in pain. The mummy girl showed up out of nowhere and tied her arms.

The two looked down at you then back at each other. "For good measure." A voice said, too dazed to tell who it was before she was knocked out cold.

/////////////////////
564 words