8. Leave then

Lucy sped around the corner, tailing the truck in front of her closely.

Lucy: "Back up required back up required..GUN"

Lucy shouted through the radio as the car infront began to shoot furiously at her shop. She swerved the bullets spitting against the windshield as she desperately tried to keep up with the car.

Tim sped up behind Lucy, joining the chase with a intense focus, the truck was holding a young women hostage meaning they were reluctant shoot back. Lucy began to loose control of the car, as the onslaught of bullets pierced through, striking her in the arm.

Tim: "In pursuit of hostage..GOD DAMMIT... GET IT TOGETHER CHEN"

Tim shouted down the radio as he almost slammed into the back of her swerving car. Lucys car spun off as she desperately tried to regain control, the blood gushing onto her lap.

Lucy: "Officer injured....ambulance required"

Lucy stuttered through the radio to dispatch. Tim remained in a trance blocking out all other noise, following the truck closely until other units arrived and blocked it in. They finally retrieved the hostage and arrested the men in the truck. Tim headed back to the station his mind still cloudly with the intensity of the chase.

Sgt. Grey: "Tim? What are you doing back here"

He said raising his eyebrow with a confused look.

Tim: "We retrieved the hostage and apprehend the suspect...where else would I go?"

He said looking just as confused.

Sgt. Grey: "I would've thought you'd be at the hospital... with Lucy?"

He replied.

Tim: "Hospital? ...what..Lucy's at the hospital"

Tim stuttered trying hard to remember the chase ..Chens voice getting lost in the sounds.

Sgt. Grey: "Tim..I'm sorry ...she was shot ...in the arm"

Grey said putting a firm hand on Tim's shoulder.

Tim raced over to the hospital still so lost in how this had all happened. He ran straight to receptionist, tumbling over his words.

Tim: "Could you tell me what room Lucy ..Lucy chen is in please"

He said in a panic.

Receptionist: "sorry we only have one patient by that name and she checked out about 20 minutes ago."

Tim was lost for words, he walked back out to his car trying desperately to call Lucy over and over again. He raced over to her flat still trying to get an answer.

He knocked on her door rapidly

Tim "Lucy baby ..are you in there ..Luce ..please"

He said panicked. Lucy slowly opened the door, her eyes puffy and red, the tears still against her cheeks. Tim pulled her into a hug but she pushed him back wincing at the pain from her wound.

Lucy: "Don't touch me"

Lucy said coldy, holding her bandaged arm.

Tim: "Lucy.. I swear I didn't know .."

Tim said taking a step toward her.

Lucy: "I was shot tim ..and you..were too busy shouting at me to give a shit...seriously what was you thinking....I just forgot how to drive mid chase?"

Lucy said the tears starting to flow again as she breathed heavily.

Tim: "Baby ..I'm so sorry ..I was just..panicked ..in the moment..thinking of the hostage.."

Tim said holding both of her hands tightly, trying to calm her down.

Lucy: "I just can't ..right now ..I cant do this with you"

Lucy said going to walk away from him, Tim grabbed her hand pulling her back to him.

Tim: "You have to atleast try and understand Luce ..your making it difficult"

Tim said getting frustrated.

Lucy "JUST LEAVE THEN"

Lucy shouted the tears falling ferociously as Tim stood there in silence for a moment.

He took her by the hand and sat down on the sofa sitting her down in his lap and laying her head on his shoulder. After a while her breathing returned to normal, the tears finally slowing.

Tim: "Look ...I'm so sorry Lucy ...I was a selfish prick ..too focused on being a hero to notice what was actually happening around me"

He said stroking her hair and kissing her on the forhead, Lucy still remaining silent.

Tim: "I should of been there..with you ..are you okay?"

He said looking down at her bandaged arm.

Lucy: "I'm okay Tim.. it's okay..I'm sorry ..I'm just really overwhelmed... I know you were just doing your job"

Lucy said stuttering into his arms quietly

Tim: "No im sorry ..I should of never shouted at you ..never of left you behind"

Tim said starting to tear up himself.

Tim: "are ..we okay?"

Tim asked holding her tighter

Lucy: "I'm okay ..are you okay?"

Tim: "I'm okay"

They gave each other a soft kiss, both tired from all the chaos and tears. Eventually both of them falling asleep on the sofa, curled in each others arms.

*The end*