Chapter 6

Ryan walked into class with Matt as they talked. This time, Ryan came in early and wasn't late for once. "Can't believe you woke up early for once in your life." Ryan smiled at Matt from that remark, "Well, I couldn't wait! I want to know what we will do with this photo." He took it out of his pants pocket. "It's weird. It's like seeing something you're not supposed to see!" He then looked around and saw that his teacher wasn't there yet. "Where's Victor?" Matt looked up from his phone and saw that he was not there. "You're right. Where is he? He's usually early sometimes. Maybe he overslept?"

     "Maybe? Shouldn't we like? Wait outside or something? Because we are still students." Matt rubbed his chin. He looked around for a bit and then had an idea and smirked. "Maybe we can snoop around!" He says snickering. Meanwhile, Ryan is not pleased with this idea and feels like it is an invasion of his teacher's privacy! "Wait! We shouldn't! It is not an okay thing to do, Matt-" Matt looked unassumed and looked at him. "Oh, come on. Have some light in your life. As there isn't enough of it as it already is." Ryan's hands rubbed nervously with each other. He thinks this isn't a good idea. He then sees Matt looking through the drawers. His face dropped seeing him do this. "Yebena mat'! What the fuck are you doing?!"

(Ебена мать!/Holy shit!)"

     Ryan then ran over, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back. "Chill! I'm not looking through the things or even moving them!" He moved his shoulder away from Ryan's hand. "I'm just- what's that?" He sees something reflective due to the light shining down at it. He moves some stuff away to get it, "Is that..." He pulled it out, and it was a revolver. He looked at Ryan slowly, making sure he was seeing what he was seeing was real. Ryan looked at him with his eyes widening at the sight of it. "Matt- put it back in. Slowly- We don't know if it's loaded!"

     "No- it's not. The chambers are empty. See?" He showed it to Ryan to show him that the spots where the bullets would be where empty. "Plus-side, maybe he just has one because he doesn't have a rune- like us. It's probably just for emergencies only." He sighs, puts the revolver back, and does his best to return the items to their original positions. "I told you so! He probably has it to protect us as well!" Matt rolled his eyes at him, "Yeah himself." Ryan's face hardens upon hearing this response. "Okay. Seriously, what is your damn issue with him?" Matt then stood up and looked up at him, and frowned slightly. "Look, I just don't like him. Simple as that."

    "No, that's not a reasonable reason to not like him! Get to know the teacher a bit better!" Ryan was starting to get defensive. "To you, he may seem like a bad guy in whatever you see in your eyes, but he doesn't to me! I get it. You want to protect me and the others, but you can't always go on gut feelings and instinct! It's going to get you in trouble-" Ryan. Then suddenly. His face getting hit by a fist. Matt was fuming with anger. How dare he say that stuff to him, yet Ryan wasn't perfect either! Ryan heard a cracking sound from his nose. He fell hard to the ground. Ryan then covered his nose. It has been a year since he and Matt had a significant argument like this.

     He groaned and touched his nose, seeing blood on his fingers; when he looked at them, he felt warm to cold feeling from the blood as it dripped down from his nose to his chin. "What the hell is wrong-' Before he could form a sentence, Matt kicked him hard before Ryan dodged away from it. He quickly got up and started to attack Matt. Ryan then did a direct punch in the stomach, but it didn't do much since Ryan wasn't as strong as him physically. But he kept punching fast, not letting Matt do anything back at him in time. Ryan's eyes then glowed red as soon his rune activated in self-defense. Suddenly, the door opened, and it was Victor. He was confused when he saw Ryan and Matt fighting, but he quickly focused on stopping them. He grabbed them both by the shirt, pulling them away. "What on earth is going on!? Stop it NOW." He sternly said to them both, and he saw that Ryan wasn't calming down any time soon.