Killin' Time

You were the first thing that I thought of
When I thought I drank you off my mind
When I get lost in the liquor
You're the only one I find
And if I did the things I oughta
You still would not be mine
So I'll keep a tight grip on the bottle
Gettin' loose and killin' time

(Chorus)
This killin' time is killin' me
Drinkin' myself blind, thinkin' I won't see
That if I cross that line and they bury me
Well, I just might find I'll be killin' time for eternity

~Clint Black, Killin' Time

Chow sat at a table near the stage in the club Exotic Allure, his dark brown eyes looking over the lenses of his sunglasses as he watched her dance around the pole on the stage, her blond hair flying behind her and her emerald eyes simply full of emotion. She was wearing a blue two-piece swimsuit that, in his opinion, looked great on her. He had to admit, she sure knew how to use her feminine wiles to her advantage.

"Buffy..."

Her name flew from his lips like a bird with very beautiful plumage. For she was the bird-like dancer who knew how to move in such graceful, elegant ways.

And right then, she was inspiring him. The way she moved on the stage as though she had practiced for hours beforehand, or simply improvised her performance quite often. 

After all, it is true women get tired of the same old, same old, and will often try to shake things up a bit and add a little variety to something — such as a bit of improvisation, possibly.

"Hey, Chow."

Chow looked up from his musings, and then smiled up at Buffy, who grinned in return.

"Hello, Buffy," he replied. "And how have you been this fine day?"

"I've been doing OK," Buffy remarked. "And I take it you have been deep in thought while watching me move on the stage."

Chow looked caught for a moment. But then Buffy surprised him by saying, "I think that's, you know, kind of neat."

A look of relief then made its appearance on Chow's visage, and he then took the opportunity to say, "You think so?"

Buffy nodded. "Of course I do. I also think it's... well, quite intriguing, to say the most."