7.Dream catcher

Noah.

"I don't believe this. A girl is holding my son's heart in her hands." Mom went on to exaggerate the matter as I explained it. It had been a while since mom and I even spoke before someone would barge in and cut the conversation short.

"It's not just any girl. She's special." My eyes glazed off as I explained exactly what I meant. "Its amazing what love can do." She chuckled and I sighed. She possibly doesn't believe me. There's too much sarcasm in her voice.

We were still talking when someone walked in. "Your highness the king calls for you." The royal guard announced and I rolled my eyes. "Of course he does." I muttered and mom chuckled. "Don't worry Noah. We'll talk again. Maybe you'll even show me this girl of your dreams." She promised and got up to leave. "If he let's you." I answered and heard her sigh.

Well,I told mom about the girl of my dreams,I told her how beautiful she is,but ofcourse. I didn't tell her the girl was one of the most disobedient among our people. I didn't tell her that she sang at a bar,and I didn't tell her the girl had a lover. I kept all that to myself.

I stood at the balcony and sighed. There's something about this girl that just doesn't add up. The way she looks at me. It's normal for our people to stare at the royal family with hatred. But that goes for dad and the council members not me. Everyone loves me.

Everytime I met her,even if she was happy,her facial expression would immediately transition to one filled with hatred. Again something that just pulled me towards her. I want to see her again. I have to see her again.

                                _________

Dilara.

Mom's excitement was beyond words when I handed her the flower. She was so happy to set eyes on her favorite flower. "Thank you so much my little one." She hugged me tight and I reciprocated. I knew this flower just proved to her that she could still hope for something better.

That evening mom's art was being picked up by the royal guards,the one specifically set to go for the palace. A few guards were loading it on a royal cart when I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"He seemed so angry today. I'd never seen him like that." One of them uttered and the other shrugged. "If his mother wasn't summoned,he would've had someone beheaded just to calm him down." Who were they talking about? Someone who would love bloodshed to that extent.

I put two in two together and my jaw slacked open. "But I'm still bothered. Don't you want to know why he was so angry?" The latter asked and his friend chuckled. "I'll be honest with you. If you want to survive with this job. You have to mind your own business." He advised and his friend nodded.

They suddenly went silent and I started to wonder why. Only to raise my head and find them staring at me. "Young mistress you seem quite interested" One taller one asked and I swallowed hard. "I was making sure you gentlemen didn't forget anything." I defended and he glared hard at me. Obviously expecting me to flinch. Nice try big guy but I'm one step ahead.

I stared right at him before he smiled. "See you tonight,Missy." He whispered as he passed by me and I scoffed. What to expect from an army of a king who can't keep it in his pants.

I was sneaking out of the house when I bumped into someone. When i said we opened up an inn to help everyone. I didn't mean everyone. Just like the royal family,my family had a strong disliking for music. One I can't explain. I bumped into my father.

"Wher are you going Dilara?" He asked and I smiled. "Father," I started and he arched a brow. "Lie at the risk of tomorrow's meal." He warned and I sighed. "Go back to sleep." He grunted making me frown.

Everyone at the inn was obviously waiting for me and if I didn't show. That wont be good. I started brainstorming in bed before I came up with an idea. I bumped up my bed to make it look like I was in it and snuck through the house.

Before I could reach the door,I spotted mom and dad there. I learned in to listen to what was being exchanged. "Gabrielle please. I'm exhausted." Mom pleaded but the look in dad's eyes just said it all. He didn't want to hear it. "Should I send Eliza instead. She has come of age?" He asked and mom's head snapped up. "Gabrielle. How can you consider such a thing." There was no negotiation, it was yes or alternative.

Mom was quiet for a while before sighing. "I'll go." Just like that,she was gruesomely pulled away. Dad closed the door after and sighed. "It must be done." He muttered and carelessly went to bed. He didn't care and no one would force him to. I stopped my sulking and bounced into action.

Stealthily I snuck out of the house,cursing the creaking of the floorboards below my feet. I rushed down the valley with the speed of wind. I had to get to the inn quickly.

                             __________

As I predicted,the place was full. Everyone was chanting out for me. They wanted me,just like I'd always dreamed. But this is not the kind of recognition I craved. The recognition from drunkards,no. Definitely not.

I walked through the crowd scanning through them. Drunk Royal guards,women who sold their bodies for money,had no choice either way. Then the music lovers,real music lovers.

"Dead Devil Canyon!" I called out and they cheered. "DILARA!" A few voices that recognized me chanted out and I smiled. We'll get there. I had something special for them tonight. We should party till late. I don't care if dad was to find me,I was following my dream.