Tiny Desk, Tidy Mind

Author's Notes:

I have been wanting to write this one for a while! As we're nearing my one-year fanfic writing anniversary, I thought coming full circle with a Sebastelle fic would be nice to do! And, in that year, I also created another MC, Cael Ilson, if y'all haven't met him yet... Which means! Cael and his lovely Artemis Loreley (credit to Polaris's MC, thank you again for letting me write her as we love these two together so much) are featured in here too! Maybe brief, but still, we love us some Artel too, lol.

Anyway! The name of this one-shot just refers to a famous saying, and I think that saying is relevant to Estelle's character. And I hope you guys like this lore and backstory I have for my twins Estelle and Cael! Of course, plenty of Sebastelle (and Artel) too...

Happy reading!

~~~

In the outskirts of London was a furniture store that boasted a variety of dressers, chests, desks, and so much more, all crafted in different woods. There were a few customers scattered throughout the store, but there was a couple in the desk section dressed a bit differently than everyone else. The tall, auburn-haired, freckled man wore a black ulster coat, despite the summer weather. The woman next to him wore a simple, navy blue, silk day dress as the top half of her dark brown hair was tied into a ponytail while the rest flowed over her back.

Sebastian stuffed his hands in his pockets as he watched his wife curiously inspect a cherry wood desk.

"You know we could have just gotten some spellcrafts in Diagon Alley," Sebastian pointed out with a teasing smile.

Estelle stuck her tongue out at him. He laughed, and she hardly fought her own smile. "I know, but some things are nice to do the Muggle way," she insisted. She turned back to the desk, and put a hand on her chin. "And we could use a desk in our house. We could use it for our Auror jobs, or letter writing, or—"

"Or other activities?" Sebastian asked with a sly grin as he suddenly put his hands on her waist and squeezed.

She squealed before giggling up a storm. "Sebastian!" She exclaimed, but her faint blush and giddy laugh told him she didn't mind.

He chuckled and innocently put his hands on her hips, staying to stand behind her. Then he leaned down to sweetly kiss her cheek. She smiled more at the affection.

"But...yes, that too," she whispered with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

As warmth rushed through him at his minx of a wife, he had to fight back his urge to Disapparate them away just for a moment. But Estelle straightened and partly leaned her back against his chest as she felt his hold momentarily tighten on her hips. She was not making it easy for him to fight his temptation.

"Seb, do you have any thoughts?" She asked as she gestured to the few desks that were built and displayed.

"Oh, I have thoughts," he admitted in a low, husky voice. He gave her a playful and sheepish grin as she blushed from his tone. "But not about desks."

Estelle shook her head with a smile, but she perfectly understood as she had the same desire in her russet brown eyes. She put her hands over his and lightly drummed her fingers on the backs of his. He complied and let go of her hips, and she went over to a large desk made of walnut wood.

She hummed thoughtfully and bent over to try out the sliding drawers. Sebastian's eyes wandered to her bum, and he could have sworn she picked up Legilimency as she instantly looked over her shoulder at him. She lifted an eyebrow with a tiny, amused smile, but she was clearly saying "focus on what we're here for, honey".

He merely chuckled and stepped closer. He felt a bit shy at getting caught, but he couldn't help admiring his unfairly-attractive wife. He was a lucky wizard to have her for the rest of his life.