Chapter 12: Black Beauty (II).

Chapter 7: Black Beauty (II).

Everyone in the estate were already grabbing seats to watch the new challenger at the farm wrestle on one of their best horses- the untamable black beauty, Spirit.

"Hah..." (Rowan) who just took off her leather shoes, began chasing after the horse barefooted running in circles as she tried getting back on Spirit's back.

"Come on!" She manages to headlock the horse by jumping really high but once again she falls over to the round with a loud thud.

Thud!

"Ngh!" Her back being covered with dust, and Rowan's back became stiff, her eyes went wide when she realized that the horse she was chasing was preparing for a defensive attack.

"Neigh!" (Spirit) raises his hooves, planning to push it down onto Rowan's chest.

"...!" (Rowan) immediately knew what was going to happen so she rolled out immediately before she could be trampled.

Thud! Thud!

The sounds of hooves trampled the ground, creating a cloud of dust. The people watching gasped as they didn't know whether to help or not.

"Rowan!" (Miss Charlie) looks around looking worried and angry. "Get out of the pen!"

"I'm fine, Miss Charlie, you don't have to worry about me!" The red-haired girl assured her but the young lady of the house wasn't having it.

Rowan was about to pounce on Spirit once more, she spread her arms and tried once more but it failed, having found herself back on the ground.

The horse was relentless, it was not willing to have anyone ride her that day.

"..." (Rowan) stands up, but felt something was wrong with her back shoulder. She didn't have time to check what was wrong so she left it alone.

Miss Charlie almost went inside the pen herself to fetch the girl, she ushered the other servant to stop watching and help. "Get the ropes, we're going to hold down Spirit for a bit."

"Ah yes, milady." They took their lassos, holding it in their hand and threw it accurately to catch Spirit. "We got him!"

"...!" The horse panicked seeing the lassos were around his neck, it tossed and turned.

The young lady of the house seeing this chance advises Rowan to get out of there as soon as she can. "Get out of the pen!"

Rowan hears her cry, but it looked like she had other plans.

"But I almost had him-!" She tries reasoning with the brunette girl who only scolds her further for being so oblivious to her surroundings.

"I already gave you a chance to prove yourself but you're not ready for this horse! Your back is bleeding!" (Miss Charlie) yells.

"My... back is bleeding?"

Rowan reaches for her back, her fingers held onto something liquid and it smelled like iron.