Chapter One

One thing about this town is that there wasn't much to do. Whether it was going up to the river and sacrificing one hour and thirty minutes of your day for it. Or jumping off of high and insane cliffs in the terrifying ocean.  Faye was pretty locked up in the world. She had a very broken-down truck that constantly needed expensive fixing. She didn't like her life, she had no reason to live it. She turns sixteen in three weeks. She already drives only because she knows that she can. She goes to a store that's a lot smaller. One time she went she remembered this very handsome man. He had long jet-black hair similar to hers. His skin was pale and tan, his nose was straight with a small bump in it. His eyes were like daggers the way they reflected light and made it dark. His hair was wavy but long, long to the point where it reached the back of his neck. He had puckered lips and slight amounts of freckles on his nose and ears. She only saw him one time. He didn't even do her bags, they just saw each other.

School to her was something she tried her best to avoid. She already knew there was a very small chance to go to college. She was going to try to go to college in Colorado for that's the only place she feels an odd connection to. But she's not praying to go there. She's a junior in high school. Fayea liked a lot of things but didn't know what to love or even how to love. She just wanted to be a person, she just wanted to be a person to another person. Yet that was quite hard for her. She never really did fit in, and whenever she tried she felt this large amount of embarrassment creep up on her. She always thought that it was weird, when she changed her voice, her attitude, her aura depending on who she was with. Eventually, it just catches up to her. Eventually, people see the way she acts with others and the large difference. It makes not only her uncomfortable but them as well. She stopped hanging out with large crowds of people. Just people that she would never really talk to. In maths she would talk to Olive, then when she was in English it was Jade, in history Kevin and her would talk. In science and German, she didn't talk to anyone there.

Olive looked out the window while the two sat next to each other. "So how was your weekend?" Olive asked. Faye was pretty sure Olive knew her name. Faye knew that it wasn't needed in their day-to-day conversation. "I went to a party with Maelah and we went cliff jumping. I'm so happy that the weather is finally looking up!" Olive stated proudly. "Well, what did you do? Did you do anything?" It was more of a sarcastic question. In a way, it was supposed to make Faye feel left out, and it worked.

"No... I didn't do anything." Faye said quietly. The teacher walked in and the class went silent. There were four more months of school. Too many months, Faye thought. Faye looked over to a guy that she found quite attractive. Joe. Joe was similar looking to that man she saw in the grocery store but still very different. She knew that they weren't related. Joe and her talk sometimes in German class. Only because they are in the same group. There are a lot of days when they don't talk at all. Sometimes Faye asks Joe if she missed anything on days she was absent. She has 38 absences in the school year. Not just the classes she missed but the days she was gone. She finds school boring and useless to her. For she was smart. She's fluent in German, she's ahead in maths, and she finds history fascinating along with reading. This leads her to excel quite nicely in school. She has B's in most of her classes. The rest are A's.

Faye doesn't have anything to try for. Nobody told her to 'do your homework'. She has to do that all on her own. Her foster parents were gone. They got her for the money. They also got her when they retired. She has her microwave and fridge in her room. She doesn't have a job and doesn't feel the need to get one. But she had a job interview yesterday. She's just waiting to hear from them. The place she applied at is where Joe works. Faye didn't know that he worked there and it was a mere coincidence. There aren't that many places you can work in this town. "So, Faye. You're gonna work at Lee's cafe? That's a cool job. When you get it I can show you around. Teach you some things."

Faye turned her head around to face Joe. She knew that there was a large contract between Joe and me. A contrast she wished would wash away. She only likes him and wants to get to know him because of his attractiveness. Yet his character and personality weren't dislikable. "I would appreciate that, Joe. But I don't if I'm even hired."

"Don't worry. I put in a really good word for you. Lee's dad likes me and whatnot so we get along all nice and stuff." Faye smiled and nodded her head.

"Thank you. That was kind of you." Joe shrugged his shoulders.

"Not a worry."

AFTER HER CLASSES Faye drove home. She opened her voice mail and found out she got hired for Lee's cafe. Her foster parents walked in with a large handful of groceries. She walked over there and silently helped them. They were older, in their early to mid 50's. People she isn't around alot. They thanked her with not much of a look. "Thank you honey." The woman that took care of her also known as her foster mother was Rachel. Her father was Derek, someone she tried her best to avoid. Rachel was the one that had more manners than him. He expected a slave out of her, yet for some reason she was harder to break. Was it the system that crashed her will to be under? Or was it just the way he treated her? He shook her hand away and walked straight to the kitchen with not a single word said.

    Faye doesn't feel like she raised her. She felt like no one really did. It was a preference, but it was also something that made her feel... very lonely. She slept through the night with a cigarette in her mouth while she read. She sat on the roof in blue hour and waited till the sun finally set. Till her sore reading eyes began to fade. She finished her cigarette at barely fifteen and shook her head. She brushed her teeth gently and carefully. She looked at herself in the mirror for just a quick second. Then she looked away, with a slight and small frown on her face. A kind of look he hated, a kind of look she thought everyone hated. Faye sat in her bed and looked at her paintings. Paintings and drawings that she wonders if they'll ever be seen. She looked away from them, almost as if shame took over. She turned off her lights and tucked herself in comfortably. The cafe workers told her to go to the shop right before school. Around 6:50 she should be there.

At 6:50 she was there. She sat there with an oversized button up linen shirt. With awkward parallel stripes that flowed down the fabric. She stared at her folder, still thinking that this was a third part to the interview. The manager ended up coming and shook her hand while remaining eye contact with her. "Thank you for waiting. Let me show you around the place and tell you all the things you should do when you walk in here." Faye nodded her head and stood up from her seat. Leaving her folder there gently. He told her that every Sunday she needed to go to the grocery store. The same one that the man worked at. She needed to go down there and pick up a few things. She sometimes had to go twice a week. They needed eggs and bacon and other sauces from there. The man said that someone usually already has it prepared but she should remember the list just in case.

----

SHORT CHAPTER ONLY CUZ I LEARNED FROM LAST TIME :33