~Chapter 1~

Lucifer woke up in a daze. He didn't know where he was and began looking around, hoping something in his surroundings would help him figure out where in Hell he was. He saw a table, two chairs, a fragile looking bed, and chains attached to the wall to his right.

Nothing that would help him escape.

He became more frantic as he looked around, but he just saw the same things. Nothing was changing. That's when a familiar figure entered the room. They were tall, much taller than himself, and they had long, protruding, curling horns that curled back to their face. They wore a black dress with a slit on the side and had long, flowy blonde hair.

He looked around yet again, feeling more frenzied as the figure- the woman, Lilith, kept advancing towards him. There was nothing he could do. There was no way to escape her. He was all alone with only Lilith for company.

When he came to his senses, he realised he was up against a cold, wet wall. He felt the moss decorating it dampen his back, but he was too focused on not letting his eyes wander away from Lilith for too long to register his senses properly.

Once Lucifer was in arms reach of Lilith, she extended her hand out towards him. Just as she was about to grab his arm...

...

Lucifer's eyes shot open and he felt his chest rise and fall at a rate that was too fast to be normal. Once he was calm enough and had his breathing in check, he ordered his servants to bring him some water. One of them came up with a jug of water on top of a tray that had an empty glass with a small glass of juice next to them.

They set the tray on his bedside table. They then walked out of the room, as silent as they arrived, not saying anything about his current state due to the knowledge that they would be dismissed regardless if they talked to him.

He stared into nothing as his thoughts consumed him. When he finally snapped out of it, he decided to indulge in the water beside him.

He sipped his water slowly, thinking of his nightmare. It had brought back memories he had thought he'd buried deep inside. Memories he thought he'd dug a grave for, and made sure for them to never see the light of day. Memories he'd never wanted to resurface.

Trying to distract himself, he downed the rest of his drink and then put the empty glass back down on the tray. He felt like he needed a shower, so he grabbed a blue towel with little ducks on it and then walked into his en suite.

He leaned into the shower and turned the tap, which made the water shoot out. Getting out just in time so his clothes didn't get wet, he waited for the shower to get to the right temperature and slid his clothes off.

His eyes caught his reflection. Every scar on his body became more visible the more he stared, and he remembered with clarity where every single one of them had come from.

Shaking his head free from the thoughts, he stepped into the shower.

He grabbed the shampoo and squirted it onto his hand, massaging it into his scalp before leaving it in for a few minutes. He then washed it out and did the conditioner, and then he waited a couple minutes again and washed that out. He did a little bit of shampoo again, and repeated the first step again.

Leaning his back against the wall, he slowly slid down its surface that was slick with condensation. He sat at the bottom of the shower for what felt like hours. When he felt himself starting to burn a little from the water, he turned it off and stepped out. After drying himself a little, he left the ensuite with the towel wrapped safely around his waist.

Lucifer muttered under his breath.

"Jesus fucking Christ."

When he reached the end of his bed, he unravelled the towel from around his waist and finished drying himself off.