𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- jealousy

Vals pov:

"okay, i think i'd be great in a zombie-apocalypse!" i exclaimed and leaned back into the plush cushions.

"yeah sure you would, you'd probably be the first one to get bitten" Ellie nudges me and chuckles.

"yeah whatever, like you'd survive." i smiled, rolling my eyes.

me and Ellie were relaxing on our "do it yourself" couch, which was the two beds pushed up together while the walking dead played on the TV, the smell of pot lingering in the air.

both of us were sprawled out, the bedsheets almost falling off the end of the bed, instead a worn out blanket that Dina gave us from her old dorm draped over both of our legs.

Ellie blew out a fat cloud of smoke before passing it to me.

i stared at her, taking in her appearance.
i've seen her high alot of times so why now does she look so fucking good?

maybe i was just high, or maybe she was just pretty— i've seen a lot of pretty people in my life but i never was attracted to them.

my breathing was slow, my chest rising and falling in a wavy pattern.. but my heart was beating so fast it felt like it was going to leap out of my fucking chest.

i took the joint from her fingers and brought it up to my lips, sucking on the end of it while i watched the paper slowly burn into ash.

Ellies pov:

i watched as she blew smoke from her pretty lips and i ran my tongue along the inside of my cheek.

my eyes roamed over every detail on her face, every beauty mark, every crease, every freckle.

she really was beautiful.

i cleared my throat and looked away. "so.. how was your date last night? what was his name? Oliver?" i said sheepishly and took the joint from her fingers, putting it out in the heart shaped ashtray beside me.

i turned my head to her and she was already glaring at me, her glossy eyes narrowed. "His names Owen.. and yeah it was fine."

fine? it wasn't just fine.

Did they kiss?

Did they fuck?

Fuck i really hope they didn't.

"Fine?" i scoffed and leaned back.

She hummed and took a sip of her water, wetting her lips afterwards.

"Cmon, tell me i'm intrigued now." i said nudging her arm, tilting my head to the side with a grin.

she groaned dramatically, clicking her tongue and turning her body around to face me fully.

"Okay, so... he took me to this sushi restaurant" she started off.

sushi? she fucking hates sushi.

the time when Jesse made Sushi for dinner, she said it tasted like salty sea water.

my eyebrows pinched together and i felt my upper lip scrunch up.

that dumb fuck brought her to a sushi restaurant, i mean who the fuck even likes sushi.

"mhmm" i said trying to hide the disgust on my face with a smile and i nodded, pretending to be interested but really i didn't care.

i just wanted to know if they fucked or not.

which sounds really bad but who even is this guy anyway? he doesn't deserve a girl like her.

i'm not saying that I deserve her but fuck.. she atleast deserves a shithead that will bring her to an actual fucking restaurant.

"but yeah.." she said and turned to me.

i raised my eyebrow and sighed. "so that's it? he brought you to get sushi? nothing else?" i said.

"yeah, i guess" she said.

"how unique" i said sarcastically and stretched my legs out, a deep sigh leaving my lips.

"he asked me to go on a second date." she said and my head snapped back to look at her, a hint of a smirk on her lips.

"oh really?" my eyes burned into hers.

"mmhm, tomorrow night."

"you gonna go?" i said and crossed my arms, i felt like i was doing too much but fuck it i don't care.

"Well yeah last night went well so why not?" she said with a small smile.

Vals pov:

i watched her carefully, her jaw clenched and her eyebrows low. her eyes burned through my soul and i felt my stomach tighten.

i looked away and inhaled a sharp breath. i turned my eyes to the TV screen, the credits now rolling on the screen.

my index finger tapped on my thigh in a rhythm and i looked around the room.

the silence was fucking loud.

this is it now, as soon as anytime that silence goes on for too long she just gets up and leaves and i don't see her for the next three weeks.

it's like she can't handle the silence, like it gets too much for her or something.

i was waiting, waiting to hear rustling from beside me and then the door shut.

or that "i gotta go do something" bullshit excuse she always gives me.

but nothing, the silence dragged out.

my eyes turned to her, she was sat her elbows resting on her knees as she looks down at the ground.

for a second i forgot that i can have the right to walk away too, i'm st

"i gotta go do something" i said to her and sat up, slipping my shoes on and walking out.

i felt so petty, but to be honest i don't give a fuck.

we were actually getting along well, i mean we still are.

maybe i'm over reacting, or maybe i'm too stoned but i always have this gut feeling that she's bad for me when i'm with her.

god i cant have anything.