Important Info

A/N: 

Hi,

     As an overview of this fic, I wanted to focus in on the relationship dynamics between NewJeans members during a very turbulent time of their lives (and for their group). There might be mature themes, such as suicide and depression, and I will leave a warning before chapters if necessary.

     Probably the most important disclaimer: I will not be sharing my personal stance/opinions on the drama. This fic (for the sake of fiction and storytelling) is going to be harsh on MHJ and BangPD while painting NJ as the unfortunate innocent victims of a situation they had little control over. 

     Whether this is true or not in real life, I have no idea. Please remember to separate fiction with reality.

     I just wanted to make it clear that although the setting of this story is very similar to NewJean's irl situation, this work is completely fiction.

     This fic will portray the girls as imperfect human beings, and it should in no way reflect the girls' irl personalities. Additionally, the events going on between ADOR and HYBE that occur in the future (after 5/18/2024) will have no effect on the story of this fanfic. I'm only using the current situation (as of 5/18/2024) as the setting.

     I think it might be good to give some context of the situation that the fanfic will be based on just in case anyone has been out of the loop, or if people are reading this after this conflict has been resolved.

Context (skip if you already know):

     Min Hee-jin (the CEO of ADOR) and BangPD (a higher-up at HYBE) are fighting. HYBE wishes to kick Min Hee-jin out of ADOR while Min Hee-jin is using various tactics to prevent herself from being fired from her CEO position. These tactics include starting a war of public opinion against HYBE, accusing HYBE of mistreating NWJNS while favoring other girl groups (which she publicly called out), and accusing ILLIT of copying NWJNS. On the other hand, HYBE claims they have credible evidence that Min Hee-jin is attempting to take over ADOR by buying HYBE stock, which is illegal. 

     Min Hee-jin is not really in a good spot to fight HYBE, as she only owns 20% of the stock of ADOR while HYBE owns the remaining 80%. However, her efforts to create a war of public opinion have been rather successful in garnering sympathy for her, and as a result, there has been a lot of drama and fan wars between the affected groups. 

     However, there are rumors that HYBE may mistreat or "lock NewJeans in the dungeon" because of the drama that Min Hee-jin has started, and her actions will likely have consequences on the members. 

     More context will be explained when necessary in the fic, so don't feel too overwhelmed if that was confusing.

      Thanks for reading!