Chapter 5: On the other side

Inside the Halls of the Arcadian Royal Palace, Juniper, the Queen of Arcadia, was looking through a list of reports concerning the growing rebellion growing on the various worlds that they've controlled, all of which were well-organized.

However, all of which were forces that were never encountered before, and their attacks on various key worlds and places of importance made it suspicious to her, as most of them have prisons that hold a few members of the One-Five or held key elements to future projects provided by Nicholas for the future of Arcadia.

However, it was the loss of Bianca and Newt that concerned her the most; since Bianca was next in line to becoming the General of Arcadia and Newt was part of a project which was to use her mana to transport into a set of Armor for Nicholas to use for future battles against rebellions of Arcadia.

She just brushed this aside and focus on two other Projects; Project: Herrscher and Project: Jaiger, two of which were planned to be relocated to Herta's Space station by Jade Arc. Just then, one of her maids came in, holding a tray with a tea set alongside Julius and Jeanne Arc, both of which who supported Nicholas.

Juniper: What is the status of the occupation in Midgar?

Jeanne: Unfortunately, all the Peacekeepers that were sent in went dark and didn't respond to any of our comms, almost as if they're swiftly defeated.

Julius: And what's more was that just recently, Sanctuary had been captured by one of the rebel forces. What's even more puzzling was that the rebel force present were equipped with strange weaponry that utilize energy and legged armored vehicles that were well-armored. Plus, with the current failures of Nicholas' Peacekeepers, it's best that we should replace them with my special unit of Spartan III's.

Juniper: I see, but since the Peacekeepers are the only stable military force large enough to deal with the rebellion, you can replace those Peacekeepers under your command.

Maid: Tea, ma'am?

Juniper: Thanks, and can you pour two cups for our guest?

Maid: Will do, ma'am.

The maid poured tea into two more cups before the water ran out.

Maid: Ma'am, could I be excused for a moment? I need to refill the teapot if you wish for more.

Juniper: Very well, you may leave.

The maid proceed to leave the room, which left the three alone in the room to drink the tea in peace. However, as soon as the tea made contact with their tongues, the drink felt bitter, before a foul smell they were familiar with entered their taste buds.

They immediately recognized the smell too late and spat out the tea, with the trio trying to get the awful taste out of their mouths.

Juniper: Who the hell replaced the water with piss?!?!?

Outside the room, the maid was walking away from the room when it happened, but when the commotion struck, many of the Royal guards rushed towards the room to see what was going on, and the maid had disappeared into thin air.

However, it was revealed that the maid had somehow crawled into the vents, before a mist of smoke surround her to reveal a man in a red, formal suit and a red mask crawling through the vents.