CHAPTER TWO

Silence that was all he could hear. Darkness that was all he could see. For so long he has been wandering around with no sense of direction. Hope was slowly slipping away and he did not know what to do. All he knows is that he has been kept in silence and darkness.

All of a sudden Mo Yaun started to see a light that was appearing in the darknessHe started to hear a faint sound of a beating drum, the more he listened the more it sounded as a beating heart.

The light became brighter and the sounded became louder.

Mo Yaun started to approach the light and sound.

He did not want to be alone anymore.

He wants to go where there is light and sound. And so he picked himself up and ran towards what looked like a light.

Hope was blooming in his heart once again.

300 years later

The sun was setting and it painted out shades of orange and pink in the sky. The normal hot weather was starting to cool down as evening was approaching.

Bai Feng Jiu was in her aunts study room doing some homework. Books and scrolls were scattered around her as she was doing research on a topic which she was given by her teacher.

The past 300 years have gone by without anything interesting happening.

Feng Jiu thought that after giving her hearts blood that high god Mo Yaun would have wake up, but he kept on being in a coma. There was no sign of life he kept on being the same way he was.

Her aunt and uncle kept on believing that he will wake up but Feng Jiu did not have any hope. The man has been in coma for the past 70 300 years there was no hope for his case. She even thought that her hearts blood would have done something instead nothing happened.

Feng Jiu enjoyed spending time with him, she would clean his den where he was resting, keep him posted with what is happening in the relems and also about his Kunlun Mountain. She would tell him about what her and her friends have been up to and also how she was doing in her studies. She also told him about how she has not seen Dong Hua for the past 300 years.

There have been times when they should have met, but Feng Jiu would decide not to attend meetings in the nine heavens or he would come unannounced claiming that he was visiting her grandfather Feng Jiu would run away and go to the mortal relem or hide away in Mo Yaun den. Dong Hua has ruined family dinners for Feng Jiu.

Her love for Dong Hua has now died down and she is no longer the same girl who chased after him. He has been trying to get back with her but Feng Jiu does not want to go back.

When her heart wants to give in her mind reminds her of how she begged him and how he treated her. Her mind always reminds her of the time she was embrassed among other immortals, she may have loved him at one point in her life but he had hurted her more than words could compare. Feng Jiu has a pride that even Dong Hua can not come against.

Feng Jiu entire family was visiting they have all started having family dinners every second week of the month, catching up with each other and also spending time with each other. Feng Jiu was responsible for making deserts which she had prepared before going to the study and complete her homework which was due tomorrow morning. She usually passed on family dinners because Dong Hua would come over, but Mi Gu was responsible for informing her that if he would be joining them or not.

Which was why she was so relaxed and taking her time. Feng Jiu was disturbed from her chilled state as Mi Gu came in rushing, his face was sweating and flushed one would thing he was coming down with a flu.

" Your Highness Mi Gu is sorry for informing you late but Dong Hua Dijun is joining the family again for dinner."

Feng Jiu dropped the pen which had ink on her scroll which she has been working on since the afternoon.

" Mi Gu why did you not tell me earlier. I thought you said that he will not be coming, and why are you coming now to notify me."

Feng Jiu was already packing her study materials. She was going to spend the rest of her evening in Mo Yaun cave. She was going to finish her work there.

As they were both packing her supplies, her grandfather came in. Bai Zhi has noticed that Feng Jiu was not joining them in their family dinners and he missed catching up with her. He wanted to know what his grand daughter was up to during the day and how was school treating her. He also knew that she was running away from Dijun, but he knew that Dijun did not mind having her around.

So when he saw Feng Jiu and Mi Gu packing in the study room, he knew who it was that was telling her when Dijun was visiting.

" I have been wondering who was responsible for telling Jiu Jiu about Dijun, all along it was you Mi Gu. I even blamed little five."

Mi Gu fell down on his knees as he repented before the empeor. He knew that Bai Zhi would let it go but he wanted to punish the little princess.

" Grandfather it's not Mi Gu fault I am the one who has been asking him to let me know when Dijun is around. All the ecasping is my fault. If you want to punish someone punish me I am responsible.

Feng Jiu raised Mi Gu up as she bowed down. She knew that her grandfather would not punish her.

" If you want me not to punish you, than I want you to go out and greet Dijun. Your aunt and uncle's are asking for you."

" But I am still not done with my homework. And it is due tomorrow morning."

" You can finish your work once we are done having dinner. Your grandmother has made your favorite dishes. In fact everyone is waiting for you, so that we can dish up."

Feng Jiu knew that she could not get out of having dinner without them. So she decided to join them.

She was going to be civil with Dong Hua. Even if he tries to push her buttons, she will be the bigger person.