𝟎𝟑

————————————-
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
————————————-
!𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥

The Bridgerton family wasn't expecting the Carrington girls to turn up at their house this evening but they were welcomed nonetheless. The two families being quite close meant that on occasion a joint family dinner would occur and they would chat amongst themselves enjoying the company of one another.

Violet and Primrose got along quite well , having known eachither since they were young it didn't come as a shock to society that they have stayed close.

Eloise sat on the couch across from Violet , Anthony sat at the table and Hyacinth making her way beside Eloise. "Oh Prim , it is lovely to see you and you , Estelle. How was your time up in the countryside?" Violet stood to greet the girls.

"It was peaceful, time away from society was very much needed but I am back and happily so." The girl smiled looking over at Anthony who gave a short yet longing glance over at her before going back to reading. "What brings you two here?"

"Well I was thinking about the Carrington annual ball." Primrose stated sitting beside Violet. "I simply don't know what to do. I was thinking a theme."

"Ah yes , everyone loves a good theme. Perhaps, masquerade." Violet suggested not taking notice of the fact that Estelle had took a seat across from Anthony. The two shared a moment of silence while the rest of the girls got lost into conversation, Madame Delacroix making her exit as Benedict made his entrance.

"Perhaps we could talk?" Anthony spoke , loud enough for Estelle to hear but quiet enough so that the rest couldn't. "Our place?"

Estelle took it into consideration and stood up to grasp the attention of the dowager viscountess. "May i use the bathroom?" Estelle voiced , Violet simply nodding and so Estelle made her way to the Bridgerton library that was stocked with books kike there was to be no tomorrow.

It took all of 10 minutes for the door to open and in came Anthony. He had an apologetic look that glistened in his eyes in search of something that he had been missing. He edged closer to the girl , the both of them only centimetres away from touching.

"What is it you wish to talk about , my lord?" Estelle took a step back almost hitting a bookshelf in doing so.

"Don't do this , Elle. Don't act so closed off with me." Anthony whispered stepping closer to the girl.

"We cannot happen , Anthony. You are on the search for a wife and I am not looking for a husband, you must understand that." A curl fell upon Estelle's face as she spoke rather fast.

It did not matter what Anthony wanted , he knew that if Estelle wanted something completely different to him then he shall grant her wishes. Anthony took a step back and said his goodbyes understanding that Estelle wished to stay unmarried and out of a relationship.

The girl excused herself and heading back to them room in which Violet and her mother where sat talking about the Carrington annual ball of the season. Estelle thought a masquerade ball was quite an idea. It's never really been done in Mayfair (none that Estelle had heard of anyways).