Past in the Past.

"When he left, you changed. You just started to settle in life. Do you think anyone's proud of you for this?" He waves his hand around.

I stare at him.

Who cares! I spent my life trying to make people proud of me, and where did that get me?

"I-"

He wraps his fingers around my jaw.

"I'm getting married, Richie. I'm getting married to Cory. What's going to happen to you when I finally say I do, and I can't love you like how I can now?"

I swallow.

It was very nice of Cory to allow Seth to continue to show me affection, but he's made it very clear that when they're married, Seth could no longer do that..

Of course, the affection is kissing and stuff.

Not sex.

I wouldn't do that to Cory. I still have some respect for myself, although, I have to admit that it's very little these days.

"I'll manage." I walk past Seth.

"Are you going to continue to sleep with random guys?"

I pause.

I look over my shoulder.

"That's not your concern, Seth."

"It is my concern! You're my best friend, my fucking soulmate! You deserve bette-"

"I said let it go!" I snap.

I press my fingertips to my head. Fuck, these migraines are getting more intense.

I slowly open my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I have to get out there."

I slowly walk out to the photoshoot studio.

My job is simple. I have to look sexy and wear these skimpy clothes. I don't mind, I like the attention.

I know, I know.

But you see? Nobody ever gave a damn about me to begin with. I was so used to depending on my friends. Once we were all separated to go to college, I guess I had to depend on other people.

A lot of those people, no surprise, didn't stick around. After Seth finished photography school, I hired him as my manager. It was hard getting into the modeling gig, because of my height..

I felt even worse because it felt like the world was rejecting me. But when this place found me, they made me feel special in more ways than one.

"Yes, Richie, baby! Show me those fangs!"

I smile..

Yeah, I got my canine teeth sharpened to a point. It looks so fuckin sexy: like some kind of a vampire but when I get old... Fuck, that's going to be fuckin ugly.

I'll get them pulled and maybe get implants to look normal again but right now, it works.

I roll over and arch my back.

"Fuck yeah! You my babydoll will one day be a star!" John informs me.

He has to be in his late forties and while his comments are seductive, he is not. Unfortunately, he has more class than I do now.

"Alright! Let's get some shots with you tied to the bed." He says as he motions for his crew to start setting up the new area.

I walk over to the bed and climb on.

"Richie."

I snap my head up at Luke.

"You look good in this position." He smirks.