Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis and Babymetal

Hello, good evening everyone, thank you for tuning in, this is it once again: between two ferns with your star host Zach galifianakis.

My guests today are musicians, not really musicians, just a singer and dancers from Japan, more than 10 years of career, Babymetal.

Moa: hi
Su: hello
Momo: hi

Zach: good evening, I really have no idea who you are, I've never heard of...

(They proceed to introduce themselves in Japanese while sitting looking at the cameras)
-Sumetarudesu, moametarudesu, momometarudesu
We are Babymetal.

Zach: well, I guess they said hi, nice to meet you too. I only read Quick on Wikipedia but later I will listen to her songs.
How are you? How was the trip here?

Su: very good, we are used to jetlag

Zach: Did you eat very well?

Moa: (answers immediately) I have a master's degree in food

Zach: Did you study cooking?

Moa: no, just eating, I don't know how to cook much, but I like to discover new dishes

Zach: When BM is over, you should make a YouTube channel cooking so we would see you more often.

(...uncomfortable silence of seconds between the three...)

Moa: Why?

Zack: you know I didn't have time to listen to their albums but I did find a lot of controversy on Twitter and in forums, many fans are upset that how you disappear from social media for so long, that's why I say it.

(...another awkward silence, but Suzuka intercedes somewhat seriously)

Su: It's because we want to rest, in addition to the group we also study.

Zach: Yes I understand, and you should prepare to work as adults with professional jobs.

Moa: we are adults now

Su: we are already professionals.

Momo: forced smile at the situation.

Zach: I doubt you are adults, I have seen a few live videos of your performances from 12 years ago and I compare them with those of today and you continue with that attitude of girls, for me you are not adults.

Suzuka: It's the Kawaii concept, female artists have to act like this to please fans.

Zach: So it's a lying attitude?

Moa: we don't lie, that's our culture, that's how we entertain fans.

Zach: Honestly, in the West I don't know who would believe that, I can conclude that only weaboo people would like you.

Momo: What is weaboo?

Zach: (hits the red horn on the table and hentai voice noises appear for 5 seconds)

Su: (is surprised with disgust and disbelief)

Moa: (purses her mouth and looks at the ground)

Momoko: (makes a surprised face)

Zach: weaboo are people who are obsessed with Japan even on a fetishistic and sexual level.
Do you know what that is, girls?

Su: (nervous, she just shakes her head quickly saying she doesn't want to answer)

Momoko: (just looks at Zach in shock)

Moa: I know what it is...

Su: (takes her right arm) shhh don't talk about that.

Zach: Do you have boyfriends?

Su: no, we can't

Moa: eeeh, those are the rules

Momoko: (just laughs)

Zach: Anyway, let's address your group's history from a chronological order but as quickly as you've seen before, okay?
Why did Yui leave? Did she really have health problems, did she hate Kobametal?, did she fight with you?

Su: (with obvious surprise)

Moa: that was very rude

Momoko: (smiles but lets out an annoyed voice)

Zach: (just looks at them very seriously)

Su: well, she left because of health problems with her back and...

Zach: Is it Koba's fault for not putting railings in the 2014 budokan?

(Immediate silence and they look at each other almost frozen)

Zach: you know Yui fell there and it seems that over time she didn't have enough medical attention, the pain came back 3 years later.

(More silence but they look at the ground)

Zach: (ends) Koba, you are a bad boss, with timely treatment Yui was able to continue in BM, without offending Momoko

Momoko: no, it doesn't matter

Zach: You have very good will, girl, it is obvious that you are new.

(The other two girls look at Zach with a little sadness)

Su: the important thing is that Yui is fine today and...

Zach: and when will that be known to your fans? Why don't they know anything yet?
When will she say it herself?

Moa: (expresses an annoyed voice and looks at the ceiling, crossing her arms)

Su: (touches his forehead)

Momoko: (nods her head) Deep down you're right Zach, sometimes the lack of communication bothers me.

(Moa and Su look at Momoko briefly and in amazement)

Zach: How do you like Koba? He is a good boss.

Su: oh well, we will always be grateful to him for giving us this project, it was very difficult to understand but we quickly got used to the fact that in music you have to take risks and adapt them to people to be memorable.

Moa: I think it is not the same to be great artists only in Japan, but also to be great artists in other parts of the world. Personally, I am grateful that BM has reached the whole world. It makes me think not only that this is great, but that it is good. done and connect.

Momoko: well...

Zach: Don't talk, you're new, it's practically a prize for you.

(Awkward silence)

Zach: but Suzuka, I meant, how does Koba treat you? I read that at least he let you write two songs and Moa and Yui one. Do you think this is unfair? Do you think Koba is not very permissive? Don't you need creative freedom?

Moa: well, I'm still thinking about writing my song about fried chicken...

Zach: Don't you think that's very childish?

Moa: (looks at the ground) mmmm.

Zach: I think the train already left you.

Su: (adds to defend Moa) the audience likes songs about food, they are entertaining, that is our pop side, not everything has to be serious.

Zach: oh yeah like the gumball time machine song or gimme chocolate, or papaya. (In an erotic tone): I love papaya, even if it is stale, even salty, yummy, (proceeds to lick his lips looking at the girls)

(The shocked girls look at each other and look behind the cameras to see if Koba was offended)

Zach: Moa, do you like papaya?

Moa: yes, that song was about a Thai salad with papay...

Zach: because I read that in SG you liked to grope your fellow in the reality show. Don't you think that was too much? Or are you heterocurious?

Moa: (nervous looking at him) eh eeeh eh… that's the past, you've never seen in your childhood that girls joke like that?. (she culminates looking into Zach eyes with a defiant tone)

Zach: (not at all intimidated) do you like Yuri, moa? Or yaoi?

Su: (laughs in amazement and crosses his arms as if to say enough)

Moa: I know what it is but it's not my thing

Momoko: Suzuka does like it and frowns at 1313 looking at her.

(Su immediately corrects her with an elbow)

Zach: (coughs several times trying to opaque the scene)

Zach: well let's move on to another topic, for me the most important things in a group are the music, the voice and the appearance. In your case it would be the voice, the dance and the appearance. Why do you dress like old witches today and not dress like young women?

Su: well the suits are designed...

Zach: Fire him, or design them yourselves.

Moa: I would like us to design our costumes ourselves but we don't have the studies to do so.

Zach: Well, is there anything you guys do on your own in the group or what? Or is it just the skinny girl who sings?

Momoko: it's not just the singing, we dance very well, we practice 3 times a day...

Zach: design your suits, the ones now are ugly, they look like moths dipped in gasoline. I knew they made pop metal but I don't see pop.

Su: (with repressed anger he looks seriously but adds kindly)
We will take this into account in the future.

Zach: I hope tomorrow, because Yui had been thinking about her own ideas since 2014, you know, she wanted to show her navel, maybe that's why she left too, and speaking of... (Proceeds to show a photo where Yui looks angry to koba on a tour with Skrillex)
Could you tell me what happened here?

(Su and Moa laugh a lot, almost covering their mouths, Momoko laughs less hard)

Su: I'm sorry, Yui but I'm going to confess the truth, there Koba did a voice imitation of some ideas that Yui had for the group in the past, we were embarrassed, but Yui got upset, I didn't expect it.

Zach: Could I know what the ideas were?

Moa: they were good ideas, and if they were more pop but too sexy for the age we were in those years, koba was very rude but apologized.

Zach: That wasn't enough of an apology it seems.

(Awkward silence)

Zach: You know I got a random winning question from a fan from... Chile.

Su: wow

Moa: is that in South America?

Momoko: one day we will go there

Zach: yes but he doesn't ask when they are going to Chile, his name is "oshirilover90"

Momoko: (laughs at the name)

Su: she gets scared looking at Zach and remains scared looking ahead looking for Koba behind the cameras.

Moa: That name sounds familiar to me... Many times, mmm.

Su: (nudges Moa) and says shhh.

Zach: Google the guy's name, but mmm it doesn't suit you, even I have a limit with my interviewees.

Su: (smiles fakely)

Moa: (laughs covering her mouth)

Zach: Do you know him moa?

Moa: no, but (makes the call me gesture with his left hand to the camera)

Su: (nudges Moa again)

Moa: stop, Suzuka, I call on South American producers to call us to do concerts there, we would love to pay a debt to that audience, and give special VIP tickets before the show (winks).

Zach: then babymetal would only need to go to Africa and the Muslim countries, at least the suits for the Muslim countries are already done.

Su: (adds uneasily) we promise that we will put more of our effort into the next suits, we won't leave that issue to just one person.

Moa: I agree.

Zach: dress like blackpink but with chains, that's how it would be popmetal.

(Su and Moa laugh nervously, not taking the proposal seriously)

Moa: the chains would hurt me when dancing.

Zach: well, but let's get to the point, oshirilover90 asks that when will be the day that you design your own costumes, he hasn't liked costumes since 2018 and he hope you dress like wonder woman.

Momoko: (indicates towards the background behind the cameras, revealing that Koba is upset with the question)

Su: (looks carefully too).

Moa: ok but, I will answer that question, Wonderwoman is a good idea, except for the skirt I think it should be made more modest.

Zach: Well, your boss is looking at me, and he wants us to finish the interview.

(The girls laugh nervously)

Zach: I'll ask the last question and we'll be done, then. Do you like the fanarts of your fans? Do you collect them? Do you print them and save them?

Su: oh, people never asked us that, yes, we like them a lot, and recently at concerts they give us letters, small drawings and stuffed animals, that's very moving...

Moa: I'm usually the one who collects all those gifts because I can get closer to the audience, Suzuka can't let go of the microphone.

Zach: Suzuka, would you like to be a dominatrix woman with me, and whip me?

Momo: eeeeeh

Moa: What! hahahaha that sounds like Rammstein.

Su: I don't understand what you're talking about (she says, looking away and shaking his head).

Moa: What are you saying Suzuka? You like to command, you have talent for that.

Zach: Do you like Rammstein, moa?

Moa: yes, I have seen all their videos, there are two that make me very nervous (he proceeds to laugh, covering her mouth)

Zach: I know Rammstein and maybe nervous isn't the word you're looking for, rawwwr!

(The girls laugh)

moa: (replies by whispering in the interviewer's ear but remains far away) the songs are Mann gegen mann and pussy.

(Koba in the background gets angry and wants to cut the interview here)

Su: no, no please

Zach: I was kidding, actually the last question was about the fanarts, I'm going to show you some fanarts from the fans and tell me what you think.
(Proceeds to show them page by page 10 very cute fanarts of the trio)

Su: oh yes we like them all, we collect some of them.

Moa: I also collect those that look like comics or cartoons.

Momoko: and those! (Momoko exclaims pointing to the following fanarts)

Zach: these are also AI fanarts. Moa, Suzuka, and Momoko in bikinis wow, military, ok that's weird. With lingerie! Wow I like red, white and black.

(The girls are amazed and little by little blush looking at each fanart shown to them and the cameras)

(Koba wants to cut but)

Zach: (stops with the AI fanarts for a while and adds) calm down boss Koba, this is my program, for these minutes I am the boss here, if you want you can wait outside.
(The girls just laugh shyly and Koba just leaves the room for a while)

(The girls after examining each example of ai fanart in their own hands)

Su: oooh the work is very good with the face, but I'm not like that. I would say that teddybear and mr.senpai are good but they go overboard.

Momoko: it may be true, Suzuka is not that voluptuous

Zach: and how about your Momoko (proceeds to show fanarts of a very voluptuous Momoko)

Momoko: (laughs covering her mouth) nooo, that was too much

(The others are amazed looking at each other and get nervous)

Moa: I think Momoko is fine.

(The three laugh more, Suzuka even claps with laughter)

Zach: and there's even more (shows fanarts of moa with a cute butt).

Moa: eeeeeh, the truth is after my smile I really think that my butt is very sexy but, they went over the limit, please don't go too far over the limit. (says to the camera)

Zach: don't AI fanarts bother you?

Su: the truth is, as long as there are still fanarts, even if they are like that, they don't bother us...

Zach: (proceeds to show new Babymetal porn fanarts, censored)

Moa, su, Momoko: eeeeeehhh!!!
Su: hentai.

Momoko: this is wrong!

Moa: let's go girls! This can't go live.

(But before they get up to leave two guards appear to take Zach away from the studio)

Zach: Hey hey hey, I'm the boss here! You can't treat me like that! Let me go! (And they take him off-camera, perhaps so Koba can reprimand him in another room.)

(Here the girls stand up more calmly and take the microphones out of their clothes, Moa does not do so to approach the camera that was recording and says in low voice)

Moa: we already knew about the A.I. fanart, when we return we will be free and sexy.

(Then the other two also come up to say bye bye with their hands to the camera and leave)

By oshirilover90.