What's so special about him?

Hey folks!

Its a Jas-Ro-Coetzee oneshot.
Hope you enjoy it ;)

"See you have to keep your arm at this angle" Jasprit Bumrah guided Gerald Coetzee the young pacer from South Africa.

Coetzee has always admired Bumrah, be it his yorkers or his bouncers they were simply unplayable. And being in the same team with him excited him like nothing else.

He found himself inspired by Bumrah, from his passion for the game and the way he carried himself. But the one thing he didn't understand was Bumrah's admiration for Rohit Sharma. And not only Bumrah but also his fellow South African, Dewald Brevis or Akash Madhwal or everyone from the mi camp for that matter. Hell, even their captain Hardik Pandya himself.

He hadn't quite interacted with Rohit Sharma until now and has only seen him bat in the world cup, which by the way was mind blowing. His strikes were a delight to watch until you realise he has played it against you.
But the one thing he didn't quite understand was,

why was everybody so desperate to spend time with him?

Why everyone desired his attention?

And why was he always surrounded by half a dozen people ?

What was so special about him?

"Coetzee? Are you even listening to me?" Bumrah asked exasperated.

Coetzee just gave a sheepish look and apologized "Sorry!"

"It's ok" He just smiled.

"Ishan! Careful you'll either injure yourself or him" Jassi yelled with an authorative tone to Ishan and Tim who were playing something which looked like a WWE match.

"Sorry bhaiya" Ishan replied sheepishly.

"Jassi" Rohit who has just entered the ground with his kit bag and a number of bats called for him.

Jassi went to him not too far from where him and Coetzee were standing.

"Yes bhaiya" Jassi asked his tone drastically differing from the one he used with Ishan.

"You said you wanted a bat? Here I've got a number of them, select whichever you want" Rohit said while padding up for his practice.

"Only one? What if I want all of them?" Jassi asked teasingly.

"Then you can have all of them, Kiddo" Ro replied softly with a typical Ro like smile.

Jassi suddenly felt overwhelmed with love for his Bhaiya and leapt forward to hug him.

Rohit quite anticipating the hug, wrapped his arms around his favourite kiddo.

"I was just kidding, I only want one" jassi mumbled in the embrace.

"I know" Rohit replied.

Rohit stumbled a little back when Harry jumped on them hugging both of them.

"Why are you hugging him, this dearly?" He asked pouting.

"Because I'm his favourite?" Jassi replied suggestively.

"Ok, boys no fighting let's practice first"

"Only after my hug" Hardik jumped on Rohit while Jassi just rolled his eyes.

Gerald smiled unknowingly listening to the conversation which by the way wasn't intentionally heard or he liked to convince himself for the same.

*

Jassi was getting ready to have a quick batting practice when Gerald asked if he could bowl to him. Jassi was ofcourse not gonna deny the request.

On one short pitched delivery the ball hit Jassi on the helmet and he fell to the ground.