Chapter 1

"Your dress is so pretty, Emily. Is it custom made?" Jules, Emily's friend asked her. Emily flick her hip length black hair back and take a sip of her fruit juice. 

All of her friends' eyes, on her. They all looked at her with envy. Emily is not only a beauty but a girl with a pleasant look. Everyone would want to be in her place.

"It is." She answered them. "Mrs Lander had it made for me." She boasted. Since it's Emily’s 16th birthday Mrs Lander had sent this custom made dress for her. But unfortunately Mrs Lander couldn't come as she wasn't feeling well. 

Emily looks away from her hovering friends and towards the ongoing party, looking for Isaac. Her eyes eager to find Isaac. Her father had strictly instructed her that she needed to stand beside him throughout the party but it has been minutes since the party started and not even for a minute she has been beside him. And she doesn't want to disappoint her father today. Not on her birthday at least.

"I will be back." She announces to her friends, interrupting their chatter and excuses herself from them. They nod their head. 

Emily's emerald eyes finally find Isaac with his friends. His black hair slicked back. His posture, straight and screaming elegance. She instantly escalated towards him.

While on the way to Isaac, she held small talk with each and everyone she bumped into. Everyone complimented her for her looks. Why wouldn't they? With her midnight Black hair that stood out on her pale skin and with emerald eyes she was beauty to behold. And she wasn't ignorant to it. Not only was she praised for her beauty but also for her politeness and kindness.

Emily would always keep a cheerful look on her face and would talk with everyone with a polite smile. Even if the said person will annoy her she never lets annoyance be shown on her face. That's what her father has taught her. To always keep a smile intact on her face. That's how a proper lady should act.

"You are such a sweetheart, Emily." Mrs black, a famous fashion designer and head of a famous boutique, says. "And I have prepared a very beautiful gift for you. I hope you will wear it to some of my fashion shows." Emily knew what that gift was. It will be either a dress or jewellery.

"I am thrilled to see what you have given me. I will definitely check it as soon as I am free. And there is no doubt I will not wear it in one of your shows. A girl needs something to boast about." She says, enthusiastically, giving a facade of excitement to open Mrs Black's gift. All the ladies started laughing at her last comment. 

Her eyes swipe towards Isaac, to find him still talking with his friends.The friends which are just for name sake. Isaac doesn't care about anyone.

And Emily was getting impatient to get beside Isaac but she didn't let that be shown on her face. 

"I must take my leave." Emily says. If she doesn't get to Isaac's side father will be angry at her. She doesn't want her father to be angry at her. She wants to receive praise from his mouth today. She wants her father to look at her with loving eyes and wish her a Happy birthday.

"Sure, sweetheart." Mrs black says, sweetly. 

Mrs Blank really desires Emily as her daughter in law. Emily is perfect for their family. Even at the age of 16 she knows how to socialise, she has the perfect elegance and mannerism. But atlas Emily is already taken by Isaac. Thanks to their respective grandfather's wishes. And Mrs Lander, Isaac's maternal grandmother didn't waste any minute in choosing Emily as Isaac's. 

And no one can compete against Rodriguez and Lander's. Most of the family present in the party wants Emily as their daughter in law. But they can't take her as she is already taken by the great Rodriguez and Lander's.