XXVII - Caught

[CatNap]

Ow..
That hurt.
The fall hurt, a lot.
Luckily, I was wearing a helmet, so I didn't receive any major damage.. just scratches.. I hope.
I slowly got up, looking at my surroundings. The motorcycle is lying down on the road next to us.. I'm laying on the pavement, next to a bush.

...

Wait. Where's DogDay.?
In spite of the agony, I still got up, trying to find DogDay.

....

I found him on the ground, next to me, unconscious, and.. bleeding. Blood was gushing out from his forehead, it had already messed up his fur along side with the dirt that got in.
I immediately crouched down to pick him up, shaking him in an attempt to give him back his senses.
He's not dead..

Right.?

...

(C-Nap) "DogDay.. DogDay! Wake up..! I'm.. I'm so sorry.."
(D-Day) "..."
(C-Nap) "Oh no... I don't have a phone.. and we're all alone outside in the dark..."

The stress is getting to me, going deep into my nerves, driving me a little over the edge.
I hurt DogDay.
I didn't mean to.
...
I kept shaking him, trying to wake him up..
This can't be the end of him..
This can not be the end of us..
It's too early..
....

() "CatNap.? What are you doing here?"

I froze, a very familiar voice sounded up from behind me. I'm getting really scared now, that could be anyone, more importantly, that individual knows my name.
I slowly turned around.
It's a person, wearing black motorcycle clothing with a helmet on their head. I don't know who's this, but that voice was awfully familiar, it rung a bell immediately, but I just can't figure out who..
The person then slowly took of their helmet..
It was a.. dog..
With darkened orange fur..

DogDoze.?

....

(C-Nap) "Dog.. DogDoze.?"
(D-Doze) "CatNap? What are you doing here all alone? It's almost 9 already, and Bubba won't stop calling me, and DogDay's dad too, what's going on.?"
(C-Nap) "That might take a bit of explaining..-"

Before I even got the chance to say anything.. DogDoze rushed over to me and held onto DogDay, who was still in my arms

(D-Doze) "What did you do to him.?!"
(C-Nap) "Oh.. uh.. we.. crashed.. see that motorcycle over there.?"
(D-Doze) "Isn't that the chicken's bike? Why are you two out here.?"
(C-Nap) "We're picking up a friend from the school."
(D-Doze) "This late outside..? You- You know what.. hold him.. I'll get the bandages."

DogDoze sounded a little bit.. pissed off.. not really but he definitely sounded angry.
It was my fault, if I just paid a little more attention to the road then none of this would have happened.
I understand why DogDay wanted me to wear the helmet.
I could've died.
But DogDay should have died.. right now.
He won't stop bleeding.
A sense of guilt waves over me, I shivered as I realized what I have done.
....
DogDoze returns quickly from his motorcycle, holding a first-aid kit, it's black, not red for some reason. Is it special, or is it an exclusive model?