𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

"A window, our love is in the darkest waiting for touch

A passion, fading into secret.
When our eyes lock down the words our mouth can't place together.
Pure in the most fordibeen of light,
A love like ours, never to see the sun."

My feet have made their way alone to the appointment room, while my brain is attacked by the image of Lydia and Sutton intertwining their mouths. I pay no attention to what Ruby and Lin are saying. It's as if I'm not even there.

Sutton and Lydia ? The Lydia Beaufort, I don't allow my mind to believe it. This girl has the world at her feet why would she want a teacher ? Does her family know ?

Thoughts jostle for the privilege of capturing my attention and they do because I don't even notice James Beaufort striding right towards us, his gaze locked on me.

"Layna." No reply.
"Layna. Blair repeats more sternly.
"Layna !" My head jerks up.

—"Huh, yes?"

"James Beaufort is staring at you."

I furrow my brow and before I have time to reply, a chair next to me is pulled out and an angel with devilish blond locks sits beside me. His eyes locked on mine.

It's the first time I've seen James Beaufort up close. He doesn't look away, and without moving, he shoots.

"Hey, his voice is nonchalant, he doesn't wait for my answer and add, can i borrow your friend here for two minutes."

My eyes beg Blair to say no, but to my horror she replies that it's okay. It's under Beaufort's insistent gaze, that I picked up my bag and followed him.

James Beaufort is the perfect cliché of the rich blond who thinks he's at home everywhere thanks to his family name. So, of course, with his intense, bewitching blue eyes, his hair that looks like a cloud of softness and his height, he's a muse for everyone, boys and girls alike. And it would be a lie to say that I wasn't under the James effect myself at one point.

He takes us silently to a remote part of the school, and while I'm still trying to analyze the situation he begins.

"Lyna, right?"

—"Alayna." I correct him with a hint of annoyance.

He snaps his fingers and raises,
"Yes, something with an A, I knew it."

the look in my eyes at that moment you can read, "Of course."

"You know who I am." He approaches with confidence.

"You mean your name, yes I do."

"I'm Lydia's brother. She's in your philosophy class." He said more seriously.