7

You walk into the stadium. You let out a sigh. "Where would I even begin? This place is big, and I'm doing this all on my own. Should I go to the area that the players are in, or should I do a scan around the whole building?" You start walking around. You look around, not seeing anything of concern.

Suddenly, you get a bad feeling. You turn around abruptly, seeing several teams in one area, all glaring at each other. You could see small curses flying around the teams. You shivered, summoning some owls to go attack the curses. You stop cold in your tracks, spotting a very familiar head of silver and black hair. Your blood runs cold as you see a somewhat large curse hanging onto him.

"No one's gonna beat me today! I'll win!" He had a dark look on his face, brows furrowed angrily.

You rush over, the cursed energy based owls surrounding you. "Bokuto! Hey! I came to see you play!"

The owl like boy turned, smiling the moment his golden eyes land on you. "Y/n! Hey, hey, hey! I didn't know you were gonna be here!"

"Neither did I."

Akaashi raised a brow at you. "What was that?"

You smile brightly. "Nothing! Anyways, who are these people, Bokuto?"

Bokuto starts introducing members from Nekoma, Nohebi, Itachiyama, and his teammates on the Fukurodani teams. "Did you get all that? Are you here to see me win all my matches?"

You chuckle, rubbing the back of your head. "Yeah, something like that. I was told to come here. I might as well watch and enjoy the games." "Now I see why there were higher grade curses here. The negativity from rivalry is almost suffocating."

Bokuto hugged you tightly, surprising you out of your thoughts. "I'm so happy you're here! Nothing bad can happen!"

You look at the other players in the area. Every single one of them were staring at you. "Uh, hi. I'm L/n Y/n. I met Bokuto and Akaashi yesterday. Nice to meet you guys."

Kuroo smirked. "Are you Bokuto's girlfriend now?"

You shake your head, getting out of the tight hug. "I'm not, we literally just met yesterday."

"But we had such a deep conversation!" Bokuto whined.

Akaashi looked skeptical. "When?"

"Over text."

You chuckle nervously. "Moving on - um, do you all really play volleyball?"

Kuroo nods. "Yeah. Do you like volleyball?"

You keep a nervous smile on your face, eyes closing. "I don't know the first thing about the sport."

Bokuto pouted, the large curse coming back to him. "I forgot to teach you about it. You'll let me teach you about it after today's match, won't you?"

You nod frantically, making your owls attack all the curses nearby. "We can do whatever you want, just please don't get into a bad mood."

"Aww, look at that. The cute owl girl wants Bokuto to be in a good mood." Daishou was the one that spoke.

You glare at him, holding yourself back from attacking him. "Don't call me that."

Akaashi sighed. "She doesn't even go to Fukurodani."

Lev was staring at you. "What's with her clothes?"

You scoffed. "What's wrong with my uniform?" "I designed this shit myself. If you have a problem with it, imma throw hands."

Yaku looked confused. "Uniform? I've never seen a uniform like that before. What school do you go to?"

You fiddled with your hands behind your back. "It's a private school. We don't have sports teams, or anything like that."

Bokuto looked at you weird. "Uniform? Does that mean Maki was also wearing her uniform?" Upon seeing you nod, he continues. "But they look different?"

"Our school customizes each uniform to each student's preferences." You mumble, watching an owl land on your foot.

Komori gasped. "Wow. You must really go to a special school! No other school around here customizes uniforms for students."

Kuroo raised a brow at you. "Are you a rich girl or something?"

You continue watching your owls fly about. "Something like that."

One owl lands on Bokuto. "She's great, guys. And now you needa watch out cuz I'm not gonna lose now that she's here to watch me!"

You saw the similarities between the owl and the boy. "Huh, you do look a little like an owl. It's uncanny."

Everyone else burst out laughing. Kuroo was holding his sides. "She's just killed you, dude."

Bokuto frowned. "Was that an insult?"

You shake your head. "No. It's a compliment. I like owls, and they're cute."

Everyone went dead silent.

Bokuto gives you a cute expression. "You like me? You think I'm cute?"

You sigh, you should've seen this coming. "I, uh - yeah, you're cute. And I can't say I dislike you."

He jumps up, fists in the air. "Hey, hey, hey! I'm cute! Take that, Kuroo!"

"Fine, a girl thinks you're cute. In my face. I got it." The rooster headed boy looked done with everything.

Akaashi leaned closer to you. "Why exactly are you here, L/n?"

You tense letting some of your owls land on your head and shoulders. "You're not gonna believe this, but a class of mine wants me to do a little research on volleyball. I was sent here to study it." You hoped that was believable, but you had a hunch that Akaashi might be able to see through your act.

Bokuto seemed to get even more energized, the owl on him fluttering its wings. "You're in luck then, Y/n! I'll help you out with that! I can teach you everything about the sport, and you can even watch me be awesome while playing." He turns around, pumping his fists into the air again. "Hey! Hey! Hey!"

Akaashi, however, really was questioning how believable this excuse was. "Didn't you and Maki already have a project about our school? This seems a little too coincidental."

"I wouldn't have to keep appearing and claiming I have projects if my missions didn't surround themselves around you. Too many negative emotions are around these guys. I really have my work cut out for me." You plaster a somewhat believable fake smile on your face. "That was a different class. All my friends aren't exactly in this class I have. You could say its for college credits. Only offered to certain students." "Technically, that's not fully a lie. I mean, all the best lies have a sprinkle of truth in them. All I need to do is try to make my stories believable, and keep everything straight. This is more trouble than it's worth. Perceptive people are always the worst to deal with."

Kenma raised a brow at you. "So, what you're saying is, this is like a class outside of your high school subjects?"

"Yeah. It's run by a college I really want to get into. My teachers really think I need challenges, it would seem."

The pudding head looked you up and down. "If you say so."

"Great. There's another one. Kenma and Akaashi are gonna make this mission a pain in the ass."

Bokuto slung an arm around your shoulders. "Wow, you must be really smart. I've heard of some third years doing something like this, but never a second year."

You grin, shrugging. "What can I say? I've already told you I'm special."