Chapter 3 I'll do my best okay?

Something sweet...

Hrmm, what could be sweet... something like fruit?

No, that'd be too simple, too easy... I need to prepare something, something good that will not undermine all that I've learnt so far. Miss Zenith has teached me so much lately about how to cook delicious dishes and Miss Lilia how to act like a proper lady, or so she says.

A few weeks have passed since Rudy first tried to get a job in Roa, although that plan failed, it seems Rudy is very determined to continue working for some goal. It's so close to his birthday, I'm so afraid he'll leave again, I need to hurry...

I know what I need to do, I need to prepare the ingredients for making a sweet roll. Miss Zenith told me that it is an extremely delicious dessert that pretty much only nobility eats it, and even then it's more common to find cake or simply honeyed bread. Maybe she was exaggerating, but even so. I must be prepared!

Every day now i've been accompanying Rudy into town, we'll talk about different things and he'll tell me all sorts of stuff, it's almost always something new, I really have no idea where he gets all this information from, he says it's from books, but i've only ever seen him read one or two books when we go up by the tree in the hill, maybe he has more books in his home, I mean, I've never been in the guest room so I wouldn't know.

When we reach town, usually Rudy and I split and I stay with Miss Zenith. She's such a nice lady, always having a bright smile that makes me also want to smile. This is how we used to spend most days, until today.

"Rudeus, I know you want to play with Sylphiette tomorrow, but I..." a small Tch left his mouth "we need you to come with us, you'd... you'd be great help with the monsters..."

Paul out of nowhere - probably to me, but Rudy most likely already knew about this - came and said that to him when we were about to head out.

"Well well... It is a tempting offer, hmm" Rudy looked at Paul with an interesting smirk

"That'll mean you'll no longer be able to play with Sylphiette some days"

Rudy turned to look at me with a sad face, well, I wouldn't really call it sad. He looked indecisive, like he was putting a lot of thought into it.

"I-I, umm, don't worry Rudy!" I said with a bright smile, "I know you'll do awesome! Don't worry about me"

Well it wasn't like before, assuming Mr. Paul wasn't forcing Rudy or it was not a choice that was decided beforehand, he could say no... Right?

"This time, I won't be sent off right?"

"Right... Although you wanted this, are you backing up now?"

"Alright! No I'm not backing up, however" Rudy made a small pause "I'll help out, but I'll get paid, right?"

"Oh so that's why you wanted to go," Paul boobled his head, it looked like he understood what was going on "That makes sense, yeah, technically speaking you won't be paid, however, each Boar we sell strikes us a nice bonus"

That sounds nice, I wonder if that's how adventurers make money.

"I mean, you know I don't want the money right now, I want to save it up, it would just be good to know how much i'm making"

While it certainly looked like a conversation between the three of us, I mostly just made acknowledging noises and stayed back.

As it turns out, Rudy wants to earn money for a "surprise" - didn't even tell me for who but that's alright -, I mean, there is little to do or buy here in Buena Village, but every now and then a traveling trader with pass with some interesting things, however Rudy most of the time ask if he has any books, to which traders almost always says no, but when he says that he does, Rudy doesn't have enough saved up to buy one, - books are expensive... noted... -.