Slenda Manor

"Welcome, (Y/N), to your new home."

I wiped my eyes once, twice, thrice, but no matter what the same image was planted in front of me. The 'manor' if you can even call it that; was just a large two-story house with a large cylinder tower connected to the left wing. It was big, yes, but the proclaimed 'manor' looked old and run down.

I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent to avoid hurting Slenda's feelings. 

"Come inside it's chilly out here." Slenda gently pulled me along up the driveway and into the house.

"Wow," I said in awe.

Contrary to the outside, the inside of the 'manor' now fits the title 'manor'. Whereas the outside looked old and rundown, the inside was beautiful and very clean. The entranceway which was where they were currently standing was large with a staircase running up on the left. By the bottom steps was a doorway leading to a living room. Similarly on the right was an archway leading to a long dining table. On the far end, straight from the front door was a set of doors that (Y/N) assumed led to the backyard. 

(The doors at the back do not have windows like that

(The doors at the back do not have windows like that. Imagine the windows only being the top portion above the doors)

"This place is beautiful Slenda. I gotta admit though, the outside threw me off pretty bad." I chuckled nervously hoping that Slenda wouldn't take offence.

Instead of being berated though, Slenda merely giggled. "Don't worry I'm not offended- and yes I can read minds but only surface thoughts, and yes the outside is supposed to be like that to dissuade others from entering.

"That's very smart, Slenda."

Slenda smiled. "Why thank you very much, (Y/N). Now come on let me give you a tour before we head to my office."

I followed Slenda side by side as we entered the living room. It was a very comfy-looking living room that had a similar aesthetic to the entrance. There were four couches in total and a large fireplace with a flat-screen TV hanging from the top.

 There were four couches in total and a large fireplace with a flat-screen TV hanging from the top

(The TV is bigger)

"This is a very cozy living room," I said with a smile. It reminded me a bit of the living room back in Japan.