Chapter 17.

Angel's POV

"Angel what are you doing? Have you seen the shade room?" Jeanine FaceTimed me as I was in my room.

Flau'Jae and I haven't spoken since the Bahamas. She won't talk to me or listen to me. And I'm pretty sure she has me blocked on everything.

"Angel?"

I blinked a few times, tuning back into what Jeanine was telling me.

"Yeah im sorry what?"

"These headlines are not good, "Angel Reese back with Cam'Ron Fletcher?" "Angel and Cam spotted on a baecation!" "Angel Reese plays both teams! And we're not talking about basketball,"

"Those headlines are bullshit we were in the Bahamas for basketball and I was rarely with him," I started rubbing my head.

"Ms.Kia wants us to have a meeting today discussing the terms of the agreement, right now it doesn't look too good. So get ready,"
-

I sat at the conference table with Jeanine, and across from Flau'Jae and Ms.Kia. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Flau. I know I keep messing up. But I don't want her to see me differently.

Cam'Ron and I had to talk about the gambling and betting of the games. Something that we're not supposed to do. So of course I don't want Flau apart of that, it could cost me my position on the team and if Flau gets involved it could cost her hers too. She's worked too hard to get her and I don't think anotha team would even consider having her on their team because of her history.

There's one more game that Cam wants to bet on. His bets are becoming too risky now and thankfully money has been flowing and my mom hasn't been on my ass.

"I think we should have them speak to the press or make an Instagram post just to clear up the "cheating" rumors," Jeanine spoke, I nodded agreeing with her.

"I think that if the both of you were spotted on a date that could work well. Sometimes silence works too, they just have to see both Angel and Flau'Jae together again to shut up all the extra buzz," Ms.Kia added.

"I think we should end the fake relationship," we all looked towards Flau'Jae. She wouldn't even look at me. "It helped us work better on the court, that was the goal. We work well on the court now," she shrugged.

"But what about being the representation of a healthy black queer couple?" I quickly asked.

"The cheating allegations doesn't make us look like that,"

"Which is why we have to fix it, because we can fix this,"

"There's no point, if one person is trying to make it work but the other doesn't want it then let it go right?"

An uncomfortable silence thickened the air around us.

"Are we still talking about the agreement?" Jeanine looked back and forth between Flau and I.

"Yeah maybe we should pick this back up in 5 minutes?" Ms.Kia offered but I ignored her, no disrespect. I was only looking at her daughter.

"You give up too easily," I looked at Flau'Jae, waiting for her eyes to meet mine but she wouldn't.

"Flau'Jae, look at me,"

She pulled her phone out instead.

"Can I have a moment alone with her please?"

Both Ms.Kia and Jeanine stood up, almost as if they were relieved.

I walked over to Flau. Snatching her phone.