Chapter 1: Eat The Rich.

Lee's POV.

Money can buy all the happiness in the world.

You can never convince me otherwise.

I grew up in a small town called Arcville, my mum was a waitress at a local diner while my Dad was either in jail or selling hard drugs to teenagers.

My parents were always too busy chasing pennies, trying to pay off debts, bills and put food on the table, and somewhere in the middle of all that, I ended up being a thief.

It wasn't all that serious at first, me and my friends would shoplift, steal wallets, watches, phones, et cetera.

Then one day, my mother packed up her bags and skipped town.

I hated her for that, she was the one who kept my father and I in one place, with her, our family was whole and it was complete, but without her...

Without her, my world crashed and nothing made sense anymore, I went from being a petty teenage thief to being someone who made thousands of dollars in my twenties.

I still couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

I met a man called Peter Grant when I was only twenty, he taught me how to be a good con artist, which was the best thing a thief could be.

Peter helped me find filthy rich people who didn't know what to do with their money and, I did the rest.

But, when he mentioned the name Caleb Carlson as our next target, an unpleasant chill ran down my spine and the word "No" almost rushed out of my mouth.

I literally froze in my seat, not because I was scared but because I was fucking terrified.

The Carlsons were the city's historical billionaire family that nobody fucked with, I repeat, they were never to be fucked with, especially by guys like me, I was nothing but a wet ant under a Carlson's expensive shoe if we were doing comparisons.

Peter always told me to say no to jobs that made me flinch or cringe, but the Carlson's were billionaires, fucking billionaires.

I had never caught fish that big before and, there was a first time for everything, so of course I was curious to find out just how much I'd be walking away with.

Sixty million dollars.

I choked on my own saliva when those words left his mouth.

The Carlsons probably wouldn't care about being sixty million less richer but, that right there was what I called life changing money and I was more than ready to claim it.

Peter and I studied the Carlson family for a whole month, our way into Caleb Carlson's bank account was through his only daughter, Christina Carlson.

Christina, also known as the people's princess, was a twenty-one year old uni student, studying business, of course, doesn't party much, lame, good girl vibes, tolerable and Daddy's favorite. Jackpot.

My mission was to make this girl fall madly in love with me, gain her trust, get access to her father's fortune, steal it and don't get caught.

It was as simple as putting one foot in front of the other, and it was something that I'd already done before.

Easy peasy, right?

Peter somehow got me into Christina's university, I didn't even graduate high school but he got me into college. I spent the first two weeks stalking Christina, learning all her likes and dislikes, trying to find a way into her life.