Chapter 22

After an hour of chattering with one another, our alcohol was gone and we decided we were bored, as well as a bit drunk. Which meant it was time to get a better view of the fighting as we collectively meandered through the hallways that eventually led us to the sun-soaked courtyard. It was a massive open area that the palace surrounded on every side. Big enough for an entire army to train within it, which might have even been the purpose of the monstrosity. Willow tree's dotted the yard, giving shade to certain areas on the grounds which underneath held couches and chairs and tables to lounge in. Every wall was lined with weapon's, so many kinds that there were some even Omen had never laid his eyes on. I watched him gasp and fangirl as he studied a dark purple sword that was almost as long as he was tall.

"It's my families blade." He breathed. Our crest is right here." I went to look but his face had paled and he jerked it away before I could see. "I'll uh..show you later." He placed the blade face down against the wall and hurried me away towards a whimsical sitting area. It was clear others that came for the meeting had grown bored and figured the same idea as us, other cushioned areas now claimed by people with blue bands to the left of me, and purple to the right. I still hadn't seen any red ones, so I was satisfied with that for now. Our spot was set up under one of the blanketing willow trees that hung over the tables which were filled with drinks and hors d'oeuvres. They had placed brown leather couches and lounge chairs around the tables all facing the sparring rings to sit at and watch. It seemed as though they had planned for us to all make our way to this area to watch the show. And we had front row seats.

Felix took off towards a different covered area that sat three males dressed in all black. Omen handed me a drink from the table as my eyes stayed strained on whoever was under the blanket of willow vines that made their faces completely inaccessible.

"Whose Felix talking to?" Omen looked at me and dropped his hand from my back the second he saw where he was but shrugged his shoulders nonetheless. "Dunno. Let's sit." He nodded his head for me to follow him and ushered me towards our set-up, finding the shaded couch covered in furs and pillows for us to plop onto. Blythe appeared nearly seconds after we sat, placing another tray of desserts and savory bites on the already overflowing table for us to choose from, along with an entire bottle of bubbles.

"Did you just take that entire bottle?" She winked at me and poured the liquid into three crystal long stemmed glasses before raising her glass to a servant who was throwing daggers into her back as he eyed the bottle she'd snagged.

The bubbles here were already a million times better than whatever our father had been serving to us at KOL, and I couldn't help myself other than to test out the food to see if that rang true for other items as well. I watched Blythe sip her drink, her eyes fluttering close as she swallowed.

"So, apparently father has been serving us garbage water compared to whatever this is" I joked, licking my lips and taking another drag from my glass. It burned down my throat in a good way, making my insides lit up in a warm and fuzzy kind of way. It reminded me a bit of whatever me and Amara had drunk from her parents' secret stash. Which also reminded me that both of them were here, somewhere in this palace. I had a feeling I would be seeing them much sooner than later.

Blythe giggled and nodded. "I'm going to talk to our sommelier when we get back. And then fire him." I nodded in agreement as a second round started up in front of us between the two wearing bronze crowns. They were two of the most beautifully sculpted people I'd ever seen, and I couldn't keep my eyes off the male's arms as he swung his sword.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Omen, his eyes transfixed on both of their feet, watching their steps as if he was taking notes for himself. We were so close to them that the sweat that dribbled off the male's brow was clearly visible to all of us. Omen raised a brow at me as if to say you really don't know who they are? I huffed and narrowed my eyes, a chuckle escaping from deep in his throat at my look.