05

05: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

1854

𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐑𝐔𝐍-𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 foster house on the outskirts of town, Sevyn endured a daily nightmare. The air was thick with tension as she tiptoed through the dilapidated corridors, her steps hesitant and cautious. Behind closed doors, the echoes of harsh words and angry shouts reverberated, punctuated by the occasional sound of breaking glass.

"Aww, little Sevyn was so adorable," Cami said.

"Uh, thanks?" Sevyn replied, her tone uncertain.

Sevyn's foster parents, consumed by their own demons, lashed out at her with unchecked fury. Their words cut deeper than any physical blow, leaving scars that no one could see. Day in and day out, she bore the brunt of their rage, a silent witness to the cruelty of those who were meant to protect her.

Bruised and battered, Sevyn retreated into herself, seeking solace in the quiet corners of her mind. She dared not speak of the abuse, fearing the repercussions of revealing the truth. Instead, she became adept at hiding her pain behind a mask of indifference, a skill honed through years of survival.

Klaus's realization struck a chord within him as he observed Sevyn's silent struggles. 'She's more like me than I thought,' he reflected, feeling a pang of empathy.

In that moment, the room was filled with a collective sense of compassion for Sevyn. Regardless of past grievances, everyone recognized the injustice of her plight. No child should endure such abuse.

But despite her best efforts to shield herself, the scars of her trauma ran deep. Each day brought new horrors, each night a silent prayer for release from the torment. Yet, amid the darkness, a flicker of hope remained—a glimmer of resilience that refused to be extinguished.

In the depths of despair, Sevyn clung to the belief that one day, she would break free from the chains that bound her. With a quiet determination, she vowed to rise above the cruelty that surrounded her, to forge a path toward a brighter future.

And though the road ahead was fraught with uncertainty, Sevyn refused to surrender to despair. For even in the darkest of times, she knew that within her lay the strength to endure, to persevere, and to emerge from the shadows, a survivor.

At the tender age of seven, she had endured enough abuse at the hands of her foster family. With trembling hands and a resolve born of survival, she made the decision to escape. In the dim light of a desolate street, Sevyn stood alone, her heart pounding with fear and desperation.

As she wandered through the unfamiliar town, a figure approached. Initially wary, Sevyn's fear Amplified. His presence was both daunting and strangely comforting. "Why are you outside all alone, little one?" he inquired, his voice carrying an otherworldly allure. "What's your name?"