A Vampire's Lament (chapter 1)

Vampire's Lament

Why do I do this to myself? Better yet, why do I do this to others? What's the point? Why am I so nice? I get beat up. Why do I smile? I get hurt by even my closest friends.

I sit alone, now, at 4 o'clock in the morning and sigh. Holding the glass vial containing black and red vampire glitter, I'm thinking of him again. The one who knows and understands. The one who has been through it all. I sigh again. Dylan. Such a sweet kid. The one who loves me. I one I love back. I stare into the shining glitter even harder and grin, showing my fangs ever so slightly. Our secrets we hide from the world. My mind shifts.

My vision is failing again. All I see is the colour red. Like a video game, when you get shot, eventually the screen goes red. Blood red. Crimson. Stand in one place and you die.

+++ Crawling through the darkness

                  I prowl in the shadow.

        Feeding on the many victims

                  Of my thirst for the red. +++

I growl again. How I longed to go hunt. I never kill my victims. Take a little, then erase their memory. So they think I just bumped into their arm by mistake.

But it's not a mistake. I chose this. I chose to be who I am. At first, my body rejected it. Never-ending thirst for blood. And I fell ill if I did get it. It took some time for him and I to figure out the reason. I was missing half of my soul. Not soulless, but half there. Then, the nameless one came and he wasn't human. He filled the half. But the empty half he filled was the only thing keeping me from being a full blood. When he got into my body, he wouldn't trust anybody. Finally, he did. His name was Chaos. When he admitted this trust, the changes happened. The transformation occured. I was a full blood. My thirst was finally under control.

There was no more pain.

But my emotions got going. Until I got the blood I truly needed, I was lost.

+++ Walking blindly,

                        Recklessly,

                        AFRAID.

         I was lost and

                       ANGRY. +++

Chaos spoke in my head, SCREAM. Scream until you can no longer breathe.

In my head, was a shrill noise, right after he said this.

A scream,

no one but I could hear.

Then it snuck to the surface.

I buried my head and

it came out.

No chance to object.

No chance to stop it.

My lungs burned, my throat ached. I couldn't breathe now. Calm yourself, Chaos sighed. I did. Almost.