Roadblock

Everywhere we turn there is some sort of roadblock. If it's not vehicles in the way it's the cultist. Victor and I sat in the bed of the truck with the artifact while Azariah drove and Derrick hung out of the window with his rifle. "I would kill for some apple pie right now." Victor said as we turned down another street, a few cars blocked the way so Azariah turned left and down another street as we got closer to the spaceport. "I prefer cherry pie myself." Derrick said as we continued down the road. A bang sounded off as a bullet whizzed by my head. Ducking and aiming my pistol in the direction the round came from. "Contact right!" Derrick yelled out as two cultists ran out into the open with rifles in hand. An orange hue lit up the truck as Derrick, Victor and I shot our guns and quickly took care of the cultists. "Clear." Derrick called out as we continued down the street.

"I'm down to my last mag." Victor called out while Derrick checked his ammo. "I got one and a quarter." Derrick said while looking at me. Pulling the mag out of my pistol, eight rounds were in it. "Got eight shots left then I'm out." Derrick nodded at me before looking at his computer. "There is a S.W.A.T armory in a police station nearby. Azariah I'm sending you the location." Derrick said while messing with his chest computer. "Got it." Azariah's voice was faintly heard before we took a right turn.

Soon a police station came into view. Police cars littered the road but seemed to have been moved as a path was clear through them into the garage where they should have been parked. "Let's secure the truck in the garage." Derrick said as Azariah drove through the openings between the vehicles. Stopping in front of the gate as Derrick climbed out of the window he was sitting in, he walked up to the access panel and pressed a combination into a keypad. The door opened the same as the garage we got the truck from before. We drove in as Derrick walked in and closed the garage door.

The parking garage was nearly empty except for one S.W.A.T van with its two back doors open. Once we came to a stop Devron and Victor made their way to a door that rested to our right.

"Let's get in there." Azariah said while getting out of the truck.

Following her as Devron and Victor entered the police department we soon were greeted by a bloody lobby as slasher bodies lined the floor. A counter sat to our right with three sectioned-off windows with a metal cage covering it. Just to the left of the counter was a gate made of steel that went from the floor to the ceiling in a chainlink fence pattern. It extended to the left where it connected to the wall. Holes littered the gate and blood caked the edges of the ripped gate.

"Looks like they made a stand here." Devron said while approaching the gate with Victor.

"Not seeing any bodies." Victor said as he climbed through one of the holes and searched the ground.

We all followed him through the hole before we approached the counters. On the counters were hundreds of shell casings and in one of them rested a still-functioning camera.

"Give us ten minutes to get this door open." Devron said as he and Victor disappeared behind us.

"Let's see what's on here." Azariah said before grabbing the camera.

She used a cord from the camera as she plugged it into her chest computer. After a few minutes, a file appeared on my chest computer as Azariahs helmet unfolded with a hiss before it sealed around her head. My helmet soon followed with a hiss as it sealed around my head.

A blue heads-up display filled my vision as Azariahs face appeared on my bottom left with a video appearing in the center of my helmet.

A man wearing a S.W.A.T uniform stood behind the counter with a rifle in hand as orange flashes came from the muzzle. Shouting could barely be heard over the gunfire as multiple different law enforcement officers ran around behind the cage with guns.

The camera's view changed to the lobby full of slashers pouring through the main doors while bullets whizzed by and killed the slashers slowly.

The camera changed back to the S.W.A.T member as another S.W.A.T member stood beside them with a rifle in hand as orange flashes left the barrel. After a few minutes, they both started to back up while aiming their rifles to their rights as slashers came on camera from the gate area. Multiple law enforcement officers ran passed the two S.W.A.T members as they held off the slasher for a few seconds before running as well.

"Got it!" Devron yelled out to us as the video cut off.

Both our helmets unsealed and folded back away as Azariah and I made our way to the armory. As we entered we were greeted with a ransacked armory as all the weapons and armor were missing.

"Let's see if we can find some ammo." Devron said before walking deeper into the armory.

Spending only a few minutes in the armory we found a little bit of ammo and brought it to the center of the room.

"Let's make this count." Azariah said while Devron rationed out the ammo.