Epilogue

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker was in a HYDRA lab with some other scientists. "It's over. Fury has released everything to the public", one of the scientists said. "Everything he knows about", Baron replied. 

"Herr Strucker, if they get word of our work out here, if they find out we serve HYDRA..."

"HYDRA, SHIELD. Two sides of a coin that's no longer currency. What we have...is worth more than any of them ever knew". They approached Loki's sceptor. "We've only scratched the surface and already, there are other facilities doing HYDRA's good work around the world. We'll feed them to Captain America and his colourful friends, and keep them off our scent"

"What about the volunteers?"

"The dead will be buried so deep their own ghosts won't be able to find them"

"And the survivors?"

"The twins"

They watched two people, a boy and a girl. One was running inhumanely fast around his small room. The other was moving building blocks without even touching them, just moving her hands in the air. "Sooner or later, they will meet the twins", Baron said. "It's not a world of spies anymore. Not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, Doctor. There's nothing more horrifying than a miracle".

A large crowd were gathered at the Smithsonian Institute's Steve Rogers display. Two figures stopped at the memorials of James Buchanan Barnes and Heather Anderson. Heather and Bucky were in baseball caps, reading all about how they died.

hope you enjoyed my captain america the winter soldier au! comment your opinions! and don't forget to join me for my guardians of the galaxy au!