Chapter 1

Zada

I arrived at gate three of JFK Airport in New York. It's hard to believe sometimes that I got a job for an NHL team as their trainer. I pick up my midnight blue suitcase from the conveyor belt and make my way towards the exit.

I can just see the New York skyline from inside the airport. The second I exit I feel a gust of wind approach me. A sense of nostalgia comes into my mind. It reminds me of when I was 16.

The last time I came here was 16 with my cousins and we had a blast. I subtly smile to myself at all of those memories that flooded back into my mind. Memories that I never want to let go of.

The Uber that I ordered the second I got off that plane arrived and the driver helped me load my overpacked suitcases into the trunk of his 2011 Toyota Highlander.

I hop into the car, put in my AirPods, and blast Tate Mcrae the whole car ride. I looked outside the window and soaked in the view that I was going to be living in for the next while.

About 20 minutes later, I was dropped off at my new apartment building.

It was in the most perfect spot: A beautiful view of the skyline, right next to the water and I could probably see New Jersey from my window

My jaw dropped in shock when I saw the height of the building. 70 stories and I was living on the 68th story. I scanned the keycard I had received, entered through the big glass doors, and headed towards the elevator.

The lobby of the apartment is modern with a waiting area, concierge desk, high ceiling, and the most stunning chandelier. The floor was all marble with hits of gold and the couches were white and made of leather.

I walked towards the elevator scanned my fob and pressed the buttons. After a few moments of waiting the elevator arrived. I step in, patiently waiting as it goes up at lightning speed to my floor.

There is a slight ding when the elevator reaches my floor. I look for my apartment, walking down long corridors with marble floors, and white walls.

6809 was my apartment number. I unlock the door and take in the beauty of the apartment. Furniture boxes on the floor. I didn't even have to turn on the lights, due to all the sunlight seeping in and illuminating the dark brown coloured hardwood flooring and the white walls.

I dragged my suitcase into my room. I had set up the bed when I was last here, a couple of months ago. As I was packing, my phone started ringing. I grab it out of the back of my Levi jeans pocket and I check the caller ID. My Mom.

After talking to my mother, telling her that I got to New York safe and sound. She worries about the smallest things, if her suit isn't ironed properly, of the dishes are not aligned properly, and many other things.

Just gazing at the water that separates New York and New Jersey, reminds me of him. The man I had known my entire life. He was my best friend. He was my secret agent.

He was my everything.

AN:

I'm finally back!!! I might not update to often but i'll try. Have a good day or night were ever you are.

Luv y'all

Dior 🩷🩷🩷