Infultration

"Should be right here," I said walking around the forest with Specs.

We flew close to where I last saw the Crystal Gems, we had to get out of the ship to search for footprints that could lead us to their base.

"I see two sets of footprints," Specs said checking out the ground with her monocle, "A pearl and a gem similar to a Garnet's but definitely not one, most likely the fusion," Specs commented.

"No Rose Quartz footprints, odd," I replied, "Which way are they?" I ask Specs.

"North from here," Specs responds.

"Let's go then," I say walking North.

"I actually thought about heading back to the base," Specs said following me.

After a shorter walk than I thought we came upon their base. It was a pop-up base similar to ours, but it looked like it was thrown together.

It was obvious that some machines failed, and they simply put a new one in to replace it.

It looked like.

"Every day I'm happier and happier that Construct is with us," I mumble.

"Do you see any way in?" I ask Specs as she takes a look at the complex.

"Can we just pretend like we're joining the rebellion?" Specs asks.

"No, at the very least the leader and the Pearl knows of us and if another gem knew we couldn't get in," I respond.

We need to get as much information as we can about the Crystal Gems, and it would be a waste to throw this opportunity away.

"Well then I got nothing," Specs said, "That base is built so badly I couldn't tell you if there was another way in," Specs sadly said.

"Then we just have to check it out a bit closer," I concluded.

"I guess we do," Specs replied.

The base was on a flat plain right outside the forest. There were two gems patrolling the area, the gems were very obviously not trained and there was a large gap in time where multiple places weren't guarded.

We were circling around the base while getting closer and closer looking for a way in.

"I think I see a way," Specs said looking at the top of the base, "I see a hole in the roof," she comments.

"Got it," I say not seeing the hole but trusting Specs anyway.

We then waited until there were no rebel gems in the small area, then we took off running.

As we ran up to hole Specs had to help me up, then when I was up, I grabbed Specs hands and pulled him up to the hole.

Jumping into the hole to avoid detection, the two of us landed on another roof inside the other roofs.

"Man this was a rush job," Specs commented.

"Tell me about it," I said noticing the wood scrap poking out.

The roof part we were in didn't even extend across the complex after a few feet it immediately dropped off. The only reason it's not fixed because the Crystal Gems don't have a builder in their team.

"How many cameras do you have in your gem," I ask Specs.

"Twenty on me," Specs responds taking one of them out of her gem.

"Good, start throwing them down," I tell him.

Specs then immediately put the first camera down where we were facing the inside of the base.

Looking around I noticed that there was nobody in our little area.

"Move it," I told Specs, "We got cameras to place."

And so we did, going to different corners and putting down cameras to peep into whatever the rebels were doing.

"Boss," I heard Construct say through the earpiece radio.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Odd warp pad," Construct responded, "Locked by Yellow Diamond."

"Yellow Diamond? Why would she lock a warp pad in earth?" I wondered, "Where is it?" I ask Construct.

"Pink Diamonds ship," Construct responds.

"Odd," I comment, "Where does it connect to?"

"Don't know," Construct says, "Encrypted,"

"Well don't worry about it for now," I tell him, "You can crack it after we're done with this little thing,"

"Ok," Construct responds before cutting off communication.

Was it odd that Yellow Diamond locked a warp pad, kind of. But it makes more sense when it's about Pink Diamond who Yellow Diamond is rather strict on for one reason or another. 

The story's that Specs told me about Yellow Diamond ranting about Pink Diamond are plentiful.

"How many you got left?" I asked.

"I got five left," Specs responded, "We got to use them better," Specs commented.

"There is that one area," I pointed out.

There was a middle area where a lot of gems were walking around talking. It was pretty easy keeping out of their sights when walking around the edges of the complex. But going in would be risky.

"Well, what are we waiting for," I said, "Let's go."
—————————————————————————

A/N sorry for the shorter chapter.