PROLOGUE

Fel's PoV:

"Did you tell Vanny that we're waiting here outside Werth Center?" I nod as Mal was asking me if our other friend, Vanny who is a Psychology sophomore student knew we were here waiting at my car. If y'all ask why we are here, I got a position of Student Manager for the women's basketball team since Alex, their current manager is graduating. Vanny knew about the vacant position so she referred me to the management and I've gone through the process so Coach Auriemma called me to ask me to meet the team.

"Yes Mal, she's currently coming according to her last message" She was about to say something when a blur of blonde hair moved past in front of my car and I saw the giggling happy face of our friend. We immediately got out of the car and hugged her, eventually jumping around like kids.

"Welcome to Werth center my puppies!" Vanny smiled as she was wearing a navy blue Uconn sweater, faded denim shorts and sneakers. "We thought you were running late again Tallz. Fel here is worried that she might be late for her introduction to the team" I playfully slapped Mal's arms and she faked being hurt causing our blonde friend to laugh at our interaction. "Don't worry, the team is doing some warm ups before practice. I contacted Aunt Chris and she said we can go inside now." We watched her walk towards the entrance and we trail behind like as she said, baby huskies.

"I knew that Uconn is big but I never realized that it is THAT big and the facilities?" I laughed because she made a mind-blowing gesture with her hands. "I quite like the horses to be honest and the Dairy Bar" which is true because ice cream is my comfort food. We saw Vanny open a double door and we heard shoes skidding, ball passing and voices of random persons inside.

"Do you think baby blue eyes would be there?" My ears perk up with the mentioning of our code name for someone who's currently in there practicing. "Mal, my main purpose is to do my job as an upcoming student manager and nothing else." She poked me on my side and I let out a squeal that led me to push her slightly but unfortunately my clumsy friend bumped into someone and that someone caught her.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Mal apologized and I saw that it was my senior in Psychology, Nika Mühl who she bumped into. "It's fine just be careful next time Miss?" "Mal, Malea Osworth" I swore I've never seen my bestfriend fold that fast for someone who she just met nevertheless with my senior. "Malea... pretty name" I resisted to laugh at how stupid Mal looks when she was silently rizzed by Nika, if that isn't fruity then I don't know what is. "Oh, hey Fel! Nice to see you" I gave her a wave and was about to say something when Vanny approached us. "And I thought you two were following me, come on Coach Geno is waiting- Hi Nika!" she gleefully waved at the Croatian and the latter waved back "I'll lead you there" we followed Nika and we were met by the Women's Basketball Team and their coaching staff.

"There she is Coach G." Vanny did the jazz hands and I heard Mal snickered as if preventing herself from laughing. Coach Geno smiled and approached me extending a hand which I gladly took. "Nice to meet you Felice" "Glad to meet you too Coach". He really has this grandpa vibes that reminds me of Carl from the movie UP. He claps loudly getting the attention of the girls and they quickly approached us in a huddle.

"Girls, I would like you to meet our new student manager this upcoming seasons, Felice Reneé Beaucrown. Get used to seeing her around with our team AND please don't give her headaches" I giggled when I hear some of them groan while coach was but Mal nudged me on my shoulder.

"5 o'clock Fel"

"Whaaa?"

"Dummy, to your right. Baby blue eyes and Croatian babe looking at our direction"

"Oooooh"

"Yes, ooooh now pay attention to what I said"

I subtly looked at where Mal was pretraining to and indeed a tall blonde, blue eyed girl was eyeing me while Nika was saying something to her. I blushed at how intense her eye contact was and looked away while my bestfriend was nudging my side.