𝟎𝟒𝟑. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

COME OVER TONIGHT
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-three,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-three, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

May 1st, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

I STARE AT THE BOOK ON MY DESK. It's funny how, in the short space of time since receiving the book, I've managed to make myself go absolutely crazy. I've had this book in my possession for less than twenty-four hours yet I feel like it's taunting me, acting as a friendly reminder that my best friend lied to me.

She liked— likes— a boy and she couldn't tell me, her best friend since the age of five. It's not the fact that she likes Jess. I don't care who she likes, I care that she lied to me about it. She could've spoken to me, but instead she hid it like it was some dirty secret, so now I question whether there's more to the story. God, I hope there isn't more to the story.

The book is annotated with silly notes that Jess had written, and now I'm supposed to give it to Addy. How dare he make me do it. Did he want me to find out? Maybe there's nothing to find out. Maybe they really are just friends, and I'm being a complete idiot. Maybe Addy isn't lying about anything, she's just friends with him and they're sharing books. Who cares, right?

I shake my head, and I lean back in my chair, my eyes scanning around the very empty and very lonely apartment I sit in. With Jess gone, the apartment is quiet, and I stare over at the bed he slept in for a short period, lost on what Dad is going to do with another single bed. I then look over at Dad'd bed and I frown because he's also not here today.

He decided to go on a fishing trip, only letting me know at five in the morning when he left. I offered to join him, but he insisted I go to school. He closed the diner which I was grateful for as I didn't need to handle people today who would inevitably ask questions about Jess.

I know the town knows about Jess, and while I've ignored the stares and glances, I hate that people don't know the full story. They just all blame Jess, and it only happened last night. Jess is now the subject in everybody's gossip stories, and I'm the helpless kid who's trying to escape all the crazy townsfolk who want to know too much.

Addy knows he's gone, and while we didn't talk much in school, I considered giving her the book, but then I obviously didn't because it's currently sitting on my desk. Instead, I just sat and contemplated about whether or not I should discuss the Jess issue with her. Would it be wrong for me to bring it up? Weird? Uncalled for? I don't know.

Either way, I didn't mention it today, and the second the last bell rang, I rushed out of school and across the street to the diner where I immediately locked the door and moved upstairs to the apartment. I changed into my pjs, and now I'm sitting at my desk trying to study, but I keep peering over at the book.