𝟎𝟒𝟒. 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

WEDDINGS SURPRISES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-four,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-four, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

May 15th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

TODAY IS THE WEDDING BETWEEN Sookie St. James and Jackson Belleville, and I'm currently having a fight with my hairbrush. While the dress I'm wearing is beautiful— blue, floral and low cut— my hair just doesn't want to work in the way I want it to. I'm trying to pin it back into a bun, but pieces of hair just fly out of the clip and I'm left nearly crying in the mirror.

     I expected to be going to this wedding with Tristan and my dad, but now Dad isn't coming. Tristan's meeting me outside in less than an hour, and I'm panicking over some hair. Tristan's lucky he doesn't have to fuss over his hair. He'll never understand this struggle.

     The wedding is at the Independence Inn and Sookie even catered for her own wedding which I find to be the funniest thing, but she is the best chef in town so I'm not surprised. The whole town has been invited, and besides my dad, I don't know a single person who isn't coming to this wedding. Everybody has been waiting for this day for months since they got engaged at the basket bidding festival, and now it's finally here. They're getting married.

     They're an unusual couple, but they're also very suited for one another.

     The chef and the produce man. Poetic, right?

     After all the stress I've had to endure in recently, this wedding is the perfect excuse to relax and not worry. Well, there's the matter of giving Addy that bastard book, but I'm doing it today at the wedding as it's still haunting my desk. Sure, we've seen each other at school but with these end-of-year exams overwhelming us, I've hardly had any time to breathe let alone talk to her about anything.

     On a happier note, I believe I aced my exams, and on Saturday, Dad and I are having our celebratory dinner at Sniffy's. I've missed the previous Saturday night dinners as I've been studying for the exams, but now I'm a free bird for the rest of the summer.

     I tried to persuade Dad to come to this wedding, but he's being stubborn. He wants to stay at the diner despite nobody coming in because of the wedding, and I've chose not to argue with him anymore. If he wants to be stubborn and fight with Lorelai some more, he can do. She tried to apologise this morning after sending several notes and letters apologising, and Dad still hasn't properly forgiven her. Can't say I blame him though, I'd still hold a grudge.

     Anyway, I have a wedding to get to and a hot date to stand with. I don't have time for—

     "Oh, my God!" I shriek, clutching my chest as I step out of the bathroom. "You know, normal people announce their presence. They don't just stand there and stare. What the hell are you doing here?"