Blind Date

In the soft glow of candlelight, Alessia sat at a corner table of the upscale restaurant, her gaze wandering aimlessly around the room

In the soft glow of candlelight, Alessia sat at a corner table of the upscale restaurant, her gaze wandering aimlessly around the room. Her mind was a whirlwind of confusion and frustration, questioning why she had allowed herself to be coerced into this situation. Nonna's insistence on arranging this blind date felt like a heavy weight on her shoulders, one she couldn't shake off no matter how hard she tried.

Across from her, Xavier nursed a glass of wine, his eyes fixed on a distant point as he brooded over the events of the evening. He couldn't understand why Coco, whom he revered dearly, would subject him to such an uncomfortable encounter. Alessia's presence grated on his nerves, a constant reminder of their strained relationship and the inexplicable affection his family held for her.

Despite the elegant surroundings, the atmosphere between them was heavy with tension, their thoughts swirling in a sea of resentment and reluctance. Alessia tried to talk to Xavier, but he only gave short answers and seemed really uninterested. You could tell something was off between them by the way they were acting.

As the evening wore on, the clinking of silverware and murmur of conversations faded into the background, leaving only the uncomfortable silence that stretched between Alessia and Xavier. Each lost in their own private turmoil, they couldn't help but wonder why fate had brought them together in this moment of mutual discomfort.

He pretended to cough to catch her attention.

Xavier : I understand that you're not keen on this marriage either, so let's both agree to say no to it.

Alessia : After sitting quietly for half an hour, you finally said something sensible.

(He brushed off her words and didn't acknowledge them.)

Xavier :Now that we've made our decision, I'd like to leave. We've already spent more than enough time here to fulfill our family obligations.

(Alessia received a message from her Nonna, and at the end, Alessia signed off with "frustrated.")

Alessia : "She can't be serious," she muttered to herself as she slid her phone towards Xavier.

(After reading the message, he remarked)

Xavier : Okay, let's leave.

................................................................................................................................................................

At The Black's Residence

Late at night, while everyone else slept, Sicilia Black, the respected head of the Black family, snuck into the kitchen for a secret snack. Despite being in her seventies, she had a sweet tooth like a child. But she had diabetes, which meant she wasn't supposed to eat sugary treats.Determined and sneaky, she tiptoed through her mansion, lit only by the moonlight. In the quiet kitchen, she found her hidden stash of chocolate cookies. Each bite was a small act of rebellion against her illness. 

But alas, her moment of joy was fleeting. She flinched as the lights flicked on, illuminating the kitchen, and a voice pierced the silence, saying...

?: This is the third time this month I've caught you eating sweets, and we're not even halfway through yet. That's pretty worrying, don't you think?

Sicilia: Oh my goodness, Alessia, you nearly gave me a heart attack!

Alessia : signs Grandma, I'm worried about you. Eating that isn't good for your health.

Sicilia: I get it, I get it. By the way, how did your blind date turn out?

(grandmaasked to change the subject)

Alessia : "The worst date ever!" she exclaimed, prompting her grandma to burst into laughter.

Sicilia: What made it the worst?

Alessia :He didn't even make an effort to talk to me the entire time. In fact, he didn't even look my way.

Sicilia :I don't know what went wrong between you two. You used to be really close friends.

Alessia : Time has a way of changing things. But what I really wanted to say is that I've made up my mind—I don't want to marry him.

Sicilia : What's the real reason? And please, spare me the excuse of not liking him.

Alessia : Isn't that reason sufficient on its own?

Sicilia: That's not enough because we all believe he's perfect for you, and you two make such a great couple. Plus, I really want to see you married and starting your own family before I'm gone.

Alessia : Grandma, let's not go there, okay?

Sicilia : Then just agree to the marriage, and I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

Alessia: Okay, fine, I'll agree to it.

................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile at the Romano Mansion

In the dimly lit room of the Romano Mansion, a woman in her early seventies lounged on a swing chair, indulging in a moment of relaxation. She delicately applied a face mask, the faint scent of lavender wafting through the air, while the soothing melodies of a classical composition filled the room.

*smack*

Suddenly, the door swung open with a resounding thud, and a man stepped into the room.

Lady :"Oh, Xavier, you've returned from your blind date. How did it go?"

Xavier: How can you ask me that, Grandma Coco, when you already know what I'm going to say?

Coco :So, are you saying yes? with excitement

Xavier: Absolutely not. You know I can't stand her, yet you set me up on this blind date.

coco : and what is the reason ? She's remarkable for her kindness, sweetness, beauty, and intelligence, qualities that shine regardless of background. Plus, her connection to a Black family enriches our longstanding friendship.

Xavier: I got whatever you say but that does not change the fact that I don't like her

Coco :So, if she's not your thing, does that mean you're not vibing with your position either?

Xavier: what do you mean by that ?

Coco :If you're not willing to marry the girl I choose, I don't think you're the right fit for managing my company.

Xavier : You can't prioritize some other girl over your own grandson like this.

Coco : Alright, kiddo, here's the deal: either put a ring on her finger or gracefully bow out from your fancy position.

Xavier: Alright, I'm game for this marriage (for now, I'll just say yes to buy some time and figure out a plan later to call it off). With that in mind, he ponders and exits the room.

(As soon as he exits, she quickly dials a number.)

Coco : come to the Romano mansion tomorrow morning , we'll discuss further .