Pour Bonne-maman

I would like to dedicate this book to my paternal grandmother, Annie, who at the time of writing this had only recently left us.

She was an amazing woman, I loved her very much and I will miss her.

She was one of the largest influences of my childhood and she helped shape who I am today, without a doubt.

She was always kind, she was always there to help. She supported us (her many grandkids) being curious and always encouraged us to read, and seek knowledge, and do the right things and do them the right way.

Much of who I am I owe to her, and she always made sure I had a strong internal moral compass, and encouraged me intellectually as well as creatively, to the point where I can publish a book like this so many years later.

I only ever wanted her to be proud and know deep in her heart she would never have to worry about me.

And I know she did. She worried so much as I always seemed to be the one in her litter of grandkids who never got what he needed and never made progress in life at the same pace as everyone else.

I know she was often worried that I would spend my life alone, even when I no longer worried about that at all myself.

But eventually I did find someone I love dearly who loves me, and I found a path in life I want to walk, and I can only hope that I made her proud. I even released my first book, Mt. Sensan-Ghi, earlier than I had originally planned when I heard she was not doing well. This way I could tell her I published a book, so she knew I tried, in the hope to make her proud and make her happy and alleviate any worry she may have had.