Hollowfication

Life wasn't really easy for him, actually, it never is easy for anybody at all. The hardships one would face, the challenges one would encounter, the suffering one would go through, it's an endless pool of torture. However, his life isn't the usual day-to-day suffering, it's something else.

[Hollowed Heart]

In an alleyway within the corners of the Karakura City, there stood a group of people facing a beat-up boy who is struggling to even look up.

The people who surrounded him only had grins on their faces, not even showing a single hint of sympathy or pity.

"Did you really think you could ever escape us? Don't get so cocky you wimp!" The slightly chubby man said before kicking the boy hard enough to fling him to the wall. The boy spat out saliva, possible to even see some hints of blood on that spit.

The boy struggled to even speak, he could only look at the man with anger, but even he knew that it was a futile attempt. His expression only further irritated the man, causing him to punch the boy on the chest. The boy began to cough roughly while holding his chest, spitting out some blood while doing so.

"You should remember that your family is still indebted to us, your life would become meaningless if you can't even pay a single penny of that family debt of yours." The man laughed before kicking the boy to the head, knocking the boy out.

The group left, leaving the boy to bleed out on the floor. Although the kick was supposedly meant to knock him out, he still remained conscious, although his eyes were barely open, threatening to close and have him die in the process. But the boy chose to remain conscious, despite knowing that he'll die anyway.

"Why... Did it have to be this? Just because of our debt? Some dumb reason he has." He thought to himself in anger.

"If I could just... Fight. If I... Could just kill him... I'd be able... To finally... Ack! What's the use if I even kill him!?" He clenched his fist with his little strength, thinking deeply as his conscience slowly fades away.

"No... Killing him only satisfies my wants, not my needs... I have to... Protect... My... Sister..." His final thoughts were concluded as he dies in the alley covered in the dark.

Silence engulfed the world, the light of the moon shines bright. The soft breeze of the wind, the cold air of the night. As the clock ticks, the world swirls.

But as the clock hits midnight, the world froze. What caused such an occurrence is unknown, but the effect of such falls to the one who had died alone.

[New Host has been Assigned]

[Welcome to the Hollow System, Iazkari Seurve]

[Hollowed Heart]

Darkness.

That was what surrounded him.

Memories of his recent death played like an old video player of the past. It was like watching a movie made in the old era. His eyes gazed at the footage like a predator who spotted its prey. His thoughts remained still, not letting out a single letter or image.

But this soon breaks as a notification interrupts his focus.

[Welcome to the Hollow System, Iazkari Seurve]

"Wait what? Hollow System?" He asked himself.

[Yes, the Hollow System.]

As if hearing his thoughts, the System replied to his question.

"What is this... Hollow System?" Iazkari asks the System, curious about its aspects.

[The Hollow System is a System granted by the [REDECTED] to his chosen subject, allowing that subject to gain power beyond what any being can ever comprehend.]