17 - Love waves.

"Always be?" I asked, my face completely turning red as I looked away. "Cute." He murmured, yet I managed to hear it. He's cute. He's the cute one here. Only if I wouldn't faint if my eyes locked with his right now, I would've told him how cute he is, how he warms my heart with each time the corners of his pretty lips curl, and how he just..enchants me everytime I look at him.

I laid down on my bed, solving whatever homework I had so that I could rest. Then, I was interrupted by a call. A call from Ji-hye. "Jina! Good news." She spoke, sounding very excited. "What is it?" I questioned. "No school tomorrow. The weather says it'll be raining really hard. Maybe there is no school for a full week! Isn't that just amazing?" Ji-hye explained, her voice slightly high pitched. "That's.. great."

"You don't sound very happy about it." She adds. She's right. I'm not sure why I wasn't. "Just because I won't see you and Se-Jun every day now, you know." I lied. I know it wasn't the reason. "It's okay, we can always go out. Maybe stay over too since we have nothing on us." She replied, believing my lie. I ended the call with her, a loud and heavy sigh escaping my mouth as I went back to do my homework. It feels like I'll miss going to school.

And I was right. I did miss going to school, which is truly a miracle. It felt like my day was missing something. Someone. And I knew it was him. But I'm not sure why it was him. Why would I be missing him? It's like that one hour with him was my happy boost. Maybe comfort boost, too. And I was missing it for days. A week. A week without him. Without Park Sunghoon.

"We're back, I guess. It felt like forever!" Se-Jun spoke as we walked in the school's hallway, getting to our lockers. "But I truly needed it. Don't you think so, too, Jina?" Ji-hye asked. I wasn't really listening to what they said. I was just waiting for our first class, which was  "coincidentally" history. "I don't think Jina enjoyed it." Se-Jun teased. "What do you mean?"

"You look happy to be back at school, but you didn't look happy during the week off. You're kina suspicious, you know." He explained, causing me to roll my eyes. Suspicious? I know he misses school the most. He hasn't seen his crush in a week! "Harin is there." I spoke, which made him turn his head immediately as me and Ji-hye laughed. "Idiot in love."

Talking about idiots, as I saw Sunghoon come in class, my eyes suddenly sparked. How of an idiot am I, right? Why would my eyes spark after seeing my teacher? Pathetic. But I noticed a relieved smile on his lips as he noticed me. Well, it almost felt like his eyes searched the class for me the moment he came in. But then again, maybe I'm just delusional. But not to lie, I missed him. I really did.

Finally, after a long, long day in school, my little private class with him came. It felt like I was waiting for it the whole day! It's more like.. waiting for him the whole day. Absolute pathetic idiot behaviour, isn't it?

"Sunghoon." I spoke, finally seeing
him up close. "It's been a week already. I miss this." He giggled as I came in. He took the words right out my tongue. "You miss our classes?" I asked. "Of course. Helping you makes me feel good. So, of course, I do miss it." He replied back. Yet, I was kind of disappointed by his reply. He misses the classes. The classes and not.. me?

"Just the classes?" A slight pout formed on my lips. He looked confused. "What do you mean?" He questioned, giving me a pout in return. I mean, why should he understand? It doesn't make much sense anyway. My teacher wouldn't normally miss me, right?

"Never mind." I lowered my face. Yes, I felt a little feeling of disappointment, but what I was asking for isn't normally felt. "I'll start going, then." I spoke, getting my stuff ready to get up and leave till I was held back by him.

"You want me to say that I missed you? You and not the classes?" Sunghoon asked, making me suddenly face him. My first instinct was to deny. If I don't, I'll be completely embarrassed. But my mouth disagreed.

"Yeah. I wanted to hear you say that." I replied, shocking myself with my own words. A slight smirk crawled up his face. "I did, Jina. I really did." He spoke. But it wasn't satisfying enough. "Did what?" I asked. He giggled. "I missed you. That's what I did." He replied. I noticed his cheeks tint a bit. "I did, too. I missed you. A lot."

His already tinted cheeks became redder as I spoke. "It looks like I missed you more than you missed me, though." I shrugged. "Who said that?" He asked, calming his red face down. "No one did. But it feels like it." I replied. "God, Jina. Are you that bad at reading people?" He giggled, his mouth open quite wide enough that I was able to see his visible fangs. One more thing that makes him more attractive, I thought.

"What if I tell you that missing you comes in waves and that the whole week of not seeing you, I was drowning?"