Prologue: Highest Priority

There once was a boy who found himself in a black void.

"You cannot stop the Fall," an ominous voice said.

He opened his eyes and looked around to find himself inside a strange container. After trying to push it open, it unlocked itself and he fell out of it.

He got up off the ground and discovered that his right arm is cybernetic.

"What the?" you asked before noticing the word on your arm that says 'Rain'. "Is this my name?"

You walked around and found yourself wandering aimlessly, with no idea how to leave.

"Where am I?"

You kept on walking and ended up hearing something move.

"Hello? Is anybody there?"

Something got closer, and you were frightened by it and its sound. A humanoid made of darkness charged at you and you held your right arm out in fear. The arm changes into a weapon and blasted the creature apart.

You were left surprised and heard more creatures coming at you. They charged at you and you fired before running away.

Eventually, you managed to make it outside and saw that the sky and moon are ominously green.

You then saw a strange girl with blonde hair and blue eyes standing on a sign.

"Don't go in there!"

The creatures burst out of the door and you aimed your arm cannon at them, but the girl jumped in and fired bullets from her fingers. She easily killed them and turned her attention towards yourself.

"All threats have been eliminated," she said to you. "You don't have to worry anymore."

"Who are you?"

"I am Aigis."

"My name is Rain. I think."

Aigis got closer to you before hugging you.

Aigis: "I have found you. I have been searching for you. My highest priority is to be with you."

You are surprised, but are somewhat glad that she protected you.

"Why is being with me your highest priority?"

Aigis: "I don't know, but it's a feeling that is overwhelming me. Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I can't remember anything."

Aigis: "Anything?"

"Yep."

Aigis: "Do not worry. I will be by your side."

"Thank you," you said, shedding a tear of relief.