Gwen

I walked along the shores of the beach, the sound of the ocean waves calming me. Although my father was not Poseidon, I often come to the beach to relax. I found my rock and sat down, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I considered this rock mine because I was the one who came here the most. It was nothing special, just a flat rock that sticks out of the sand at a level angle. It was close enough to the sea that the waves hit it and occasionally separated around the rock, then returned to the ocean. 

    Help me, father. I prayed silently, knowing he would hear me. A children of his were few, but not far, I have only met two before, a boy and a girl, both my half-siblings. My brother spoke of once having a sister. I hear she died young, only around 12-14. She died on a quest to save a goddess and rescue a girl, a good friend of mine, Annabeth. 

    You see, for those who don't know, I am a half-blood, meaning that one of my parents was a Greek God, or a Roman God. I don't like to talk about my father much, many cringe at the sound of his name. The gods are still very much here, they move with the western civilization. Meaning they are currently in the U.S.A. I come from Los Angelos, the entrance to my father's realm is there, for now, anyway. My brother also comes from there, and my late sister. Annabeth's mother is Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle. That makes Annabeth my...cousin once removed? Her mother is my cousin. Funny how that works, huh? I have immortal cousins. 

    I have many friends here at Camp-Half Blood, which is a camp for kids like me, it protects us from the monsters that wish to kill us. Annabeth is one of my best friends, along with my brother. My sister is Roman, so she goes to Camp Jupiter. How is she my sister, but roman, you ask? The gods have different forms, Roman and Greek, it's kind of hard to explain. But her dad is the roman version of my brother and I's dad. Get it? Ok.

  "Gwen?!" I heard a girl's voice calling my name. It was Justice, my friend from the Apollo cabin. We were teamed up for the chariot races. I saw her coming my way, a tall 13 year old girl with red hair and green eyes, a fair skin tone and a splash of freckles across her nose. "Hey! I've been looking for you, are you feeling ok?" She asked

    "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just...I have been getting this feeling...like there's someone out there I need to meet. I think dad has been trying to tell me to find it." I said, sensing the tugging feeling in my gut. It's like my gut was saying go this way!  I knew I would trust Justice, she was always who I talked to when something like this happened. 

    "You should talk to Chiron later, after the races." Justice advised.

    "You're right," I said, "I'm guessing you came to find me so I could help you with the chariot, right?"

    "How'd you know?" She joked. It was her first chariot race, ever, she had only came to camp recently, and it was all she ever talked about.

    "We'd better get going then, the race is at 7:00 tonight, and it's already 1:00." At that, I got up and followed her, although I had the strangest feeling I wouldn't see this beach for a while.