Prologue

Lilith always knew she was different. She was always seeing and hearing peculiar things and seeing things even her mom couldn't explain.For example, on her 10th birthday, she saw a  winged horse figure outside the window of the apartment. "Guys, guys. See that! " the excited, ginger girl pointed out the window pointed to the window, and none of the kids saw anything. After that, all the kids started ignoring her and making fun of her, saying she was making it up for attention.Then one day her mom told her she was going to go to this very special camp for kids like her demigods. Lilith was joking at first, but when she arrived at the camp, there were a bunch of other strange kids in random cabins. Some kids named Atlas, who appeared to be a year older than her, walked up to her. "You're the new kid, right, Lilith? Have you been claimed yet?" After that conversation, Atlas showed Lilith around and helped her; ever since then, they had been best friends. Lilith got claimed when she was 13; her 3rd year at camp didn't know why Poseidon took so long to claim her, but she didn't have the choice to complain about it. The worst thing was that she had to keep all of this from Percy and let him find out on his own. It hurt her to lie to him and say she was just at summer camp. This year they would go together, and it would be fun if she could introduce Percy and all her friends. They could all have fun together and not had to worry about school and all the weird stuff of the real world. She never thought about the troubles that they were going to face this year.