1

As I walked into the shop, the sweet aroma of coffee, tea, and pastries flooded my nose with delight. "Hey Paisley, the usual?" Jack, the owner asked me. "Of course," I giggled and replied with a smile.

After I paid and received my blackberry scone & tea, I went and sat down at my usual spot in the back corner. I began to pull out my school binders and textbooks to work on my homework, knowing and thinking I wouldn't get much done but I would try.

After 30 long, tiring minutes of essay writing, I packed up my things and left. I had an important class at three o'clock today and it was almost one, so I had to rush home and get ready.

As I was walking out the restaurant, i bumped into a large, muscular figure and landed flat on my bum on the hard pavement. "I'm so sorry!" I heard the boy trying to apologize while stifling a chuckle. "It's not a big deal, I fall all the time." I said back with a slight chuckle.

When I got up and brushed myself off, I noticed the boy's beautiful soft eyes and luscious dark hair and blushed. "I'm Calum, and you are?" He asked. "Paisley" I responded with a cheeky grin. Looking at the time on my watch, I realized I had to go, but felt bad I couldn't stay to chat.

"I'm so sorry but i've gotta go" I said. "Will I see you again?" Calum asked with a glint of hope in his eyes. "I'm here everyday at 12" I spoke, hoping he'd catch on that i'd want to see him tomorrow. "Okay, i'll see you around Paisley." He smiled. After I got into my car I smiled to myself and drove off to my apartment to prepare myself for my philosophy class.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next morning I was awoken by my golden retriever Jax, by him licking my face and attacking me with hugs. "Jax boy get off!! I can't breathe!" I managed to get out. After he jumped off of me I went to go take a quick shower, considering it was already 11, and I wanted to make sure I got to the coffee shop at 12.

While driving to the shop I was blaring One Direction on repeat, making my car bouncing along due to the bass. When I arrived at the shop, I ordered a small french vanilla coffee, and my usual blackberry scone. When I heard the little bell above the door ring, I turned around only to be met with Calum's intriguing brown eyes.

I finished paying for my items, then went to go take my seat in my usual place. "Is this seat taken?" I looked up to see Calum asking. "No, take a seat" I replied with a friendly smile. While he was getting settled I took the chance to look at what he ordered; an extra large coffee and a chocolate doughnut. "Healthy" I said and laughed. Calum just chuckled and said "I like to dunk my doughnut into the coffee then eat it, so that way when I drink my coffee it tastes like a doughnut."

I just laughed and we carried on with the conversation, wanting to learn more about each other. "How many siblings do you have?" Calum asked me. "I have two older brothers, and one little sister" I replied then asked "How about you?" He replied with "I have one older sister. We used to be a lot closer but now we went off to pursue our careers and all."

"What do you want to do?" I asked him. "I play on my university's soccer team, and I coach little kids part time." He spoke. "Aw that's so cute!!" I said. "I'm studying to be a teacher or a reading specialist for disabled children." I told him. "That's amazing, good for you." he responded genuinely.

We continued talking for about two hours, hitting it off immediately. I learned that eventually he wanted to be a famous soccer player, and afterwords a Major League Soccer coach. He was a very sweet guy, I was definitely surprised when he told me that he wasn't currently seeing anyone.

"Would you maybe want to go out to dinner with me on Friday night?" Calum asked nervously. After he finished his sentence I was a little shocked, but I then replied with "Of course." Calum formed a grin that stretched from ear to ear, and said "I'll pick you up at seven o'clock sharp."

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see, it's a surprise."

And in that moment, Friday seemed like it was so close yet so far away.