Dear Diary, I met a girl today

19/01/22

Dear Diary,
I met a girl today, pretty and bewitching, and as much as she refuses, I bet she's obsessed with me.....

" Psst...Do you know who that is? She looks familiar, but I can't tell where exactly did I see her last." Shubman nudged Ishan who pulled off his airdobes and sighed.

" Are you sure Sachin sir is your idol, and are you sure you don't have dementia Kake?"

Shubman frowned, his gaze flickered back towards the pretty brunette.

He saw her for the third time today.

She was in business class, sat a few seats away from him at the airport, pretended to spare him a few glances but Shubman was absolutely sure she'd stared longer.

It was nothing new for him.

" She's Sara Tendulkar, Shub, Sara Sachin Tendulkar." Ishan spoke up and he paled.

Her?

She seemed sweet.

And the Sara Tendulkar he'd met five years ago, was anything but sweet.

And Ishan insisted that it was because he'd pressed her buttons and pushed her to the edge of her patience level.

As much as Shubman hated admitting it, she indeed had been very patient with him till he made her snap at him.

And ever since, the two never got along.

That was the last time he met her.

As per his knowledge, she'd been studying in London, something in medical.

But that was all he kept himself updated about her.

" Oh." Was all he said, his eyes still glued to her while her gaze was fixed on her phone, unaware of the pair of brown orbs staring into her soul.

The airport bus stopped near cab stand and she disappeared into the sea of people rushing towards the cabs.

His eyes desperately searched for her silhouette, hoping for glance, however, she seemed to have left and he sighed, shaking his head in disappointment.

He turned towards Ishan who was busy on a phonecall with Aditi.

" Yes darling, yes I'll call you after checking in. No I won't forget, love. Yes I promise. Did you have dinner? That's good. Please don't skip meals, I understand you're burdened with work but then your health is equally important. You're getting a call? Okay, I'll call you once I'm in the hotel room. Bye, I love you, take care."

As he hung up, Shubman stared at him in scrutiny.

" What?"

" You're so whipped it makes me gag."

" Oh you're jealous baby? It's okay, I'll give you attention too. We will go on a date as well okay? Where do you want to go? Shopping first? Or a coffee date?" Ishan moved closer to him and put his arms around him, causing Shubman to shriek in alarm.

" Hey get off! I'm straight okay?"

Sniggering, Ishan walked into the bus and Shubman followed with a shudder.

" Ishan?"

" Hm?"

" Was that really Sara?"

" Yeah. Why?"

" Nothing. She just seemed sweet. Very unlike her."

" She is sweet Shubman. It's just that you, with that annoying habit of yours, irked her to no ends and pretended like you did nothing. Her patience was wearing thin. She was extremely calm for a very long time. If I did that to Aditi, she'd have killed me one-eighty times in those three hours."

" I did not irk her!" He denied immediately and Ishan snorted.

" Sure Princess, I believe you."

" Hey!"

And as they reached, to his utmost surprise, Sara Tendulkar stepped out of a White Maybach.

Cladded in a beige trenchcoat, with a white dress within, and white high heels upto her knees, she looked beguiling, and heads turned to look at her, including Shubman's.

" I told you didn't I? She is definitely obsessed with me! First at the airport, now here. She's stalking me. I'm sure she is!" Shubman ranted out and Ishan continued to repeatedly hit his head on the book he had in hand.

Virat quietly chuckled behind them and Shubman frowned.

" C'mon Cheeku Bhaiya, you have to believe me!"

" I do believe you Kake. C'mon, we gotta go. They're waiting for us." He jutted his chin towards the hotel staff who waited with bouquets and other welcome gifts.

" They're way busy welcoming her instead." He grumbled as he started walking towards her.

Everyone switched glances, confused as their brows knit together, wondering what was he upto.

" You're following us aren't you?" He asked once he was next to her.

" Excuse me?" A scoff escaped her lips.

" Well aren't you? First at the airport, now here..."

" Gosh, what a self obsessed narcissist." She murmured incredulously, shaking her head.

" Shubi, surprise!" His head snapped towards his right so fast that he might've had a whiplash.

" Jugnu?" His best-friend and cousin, Khushpreet Aulakh stood grinning at him.
" What're you doing here?"

" I thought I'd surprise you." He shrugged causing Shubman to grin.

His gaze flickered towards Sara and his brows raised in surprise.

" Sara?"

" It's been long KP." She smiled at him, a beautiful smile that spread across her lips, and Shubman found his treacherous heart pick up pace.

Probably that's exactly where it started.

When she smiled, that bewitching smile that would make anyone swoon.

And unknowingly, he did too.