𝓝𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 1. - 𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓶𝓶𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝓭𝓭𝔂

chapter number 1.,
hello mummy and daddy

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓮

—No, Kate, this is not normal.—, William retorted back as he paced around the room, his whole being filled with worry.
—It's not normal that you cannot keep even the simplest breakfast in your stomach throughout the day.—

I just got up, feeling tired, and threw a short look at my toilet and indeed was William right. There layed my breakfast, now in an unknown whatever shade of brown colour there was. Shaking my head, I just washed my face as William's voice seemed faded in the both bathroom and my thoughts.

—Now you tell me what is going on. You are weird for weeks already Kate. Have you got a stomach bug without telling us as not to make us worry?—, the rant of the questions just expanded as I opened the bathroom door and was imerged into William's web of questions waiting for answers, or in my case, for only one. Only one answer that would cause an avalanche if said out loud.

—Spell it out Kate. When this stomach bug appeared and since when did you have it?—

—I am fine William, I don't have any stomach bug. Probably some food that didn't sit well with my stomach.—, I lied, moving away from him as I rummaged through the cabinet in the search for a pill to stop vomiting.

—No you're not fine Catherine. Something is clearly wrong with you and I am fully prepared to take you to the university nurse. Come on, get up.—, he demanded as he put his palm in front of my face, apparently wanted me to get up and go there with him.

—William, that's completely unnecessary, because, as I've already told you, I am fine and I ate something that sit well with my stomach.—, I retorted raising my hand, and moved his palm that was in front of my face.

—It is necessary, Kate. You cannot keep a breakfast or any other meal inside you for weeks! That's not normal for anybody!—

—I told you before, and I am telling you now, I am fine William.—

—No, Catherine, you are not fine.—, he affectionately touched my cheek. —Just let me take care of you, Kate.—And all I wanted to do after that plea was to cry. —Just let me take care of you.—, his plea this time had sounded like he was on the verge of tears in fear of forever losing me.

—I don't need the university nurse William, I am fine.—, I repeated for a thousandth time as he just shot me a look.

His words seemed like an avalanche coming right at me and then faded. But who could blame me for not telling him sooner the real truth behind all this behavior of mine, but I cannot, not because of fear, but because of his reaction.

And then right in that moment, something inside of me had snapped as I opened the cabinet and threw hospital papers right at him.

—Can you please explain what the hell you just threw at me?—

—The real truth, the thing you have tried to get out from me to say it. Now here it is, look at it.—, my voice suddenly sounded poisonous, even to me and it had burning sensation inside my vocal cords as I spit those words out.

—Is it a joke? Because if it is, then it's very tasteless one.—, he looked at the papers and then at me, getting paler with each second.
—Please tell me it's a joke. I won't be mad.—

—Do I look like a type of girl who would do that? Make a joke about it so we can laugh it off together?

He looked at me, pure silence between us as the time flew by, and all the time between us has just melted into another trap, going on just in time to William break the disturbing silence. —So, this means that you have been speaking the truth. And no, it cannot be false positive.—

—Of course it cannot be false positive if I did the beta hcg test.—, he looked at me like I had fallen from Mars. —It's a blood test where doctors indicate your level of that hormone based on how much is it in your blood. That's the way how they indicate pregnancy with women.—

—And? It is positive?—, he asked fearfully already knowing the answer.

—Yes, it is positive. 1/1 positive.—

—Damn it Kate.—, he ran into the bathroom, splashing his face with the ice cold water. —How could we be so irresponsible and reckless?—, he shot me a look which mademe hang my head down in shame, in failed attempt to hide tears that were threatening to fall.

It was in that moment when I felt William's firm hands wrap around me tightly. I just laid my head on his shoulder, and then the waterfall of my tears had started.

I just laid my head there for what seemed like an eternity as he held me tight, as to protect me from any evil that comes our way. —I know that you think this is some sort of nightmare but we are in this nightmare together. Me and you.—

—Promise that you're not going to leave me until we manage a way with these circumstances.—, I knew deep down how much he tried to reassure me but deep down I was aware of his fear of what this situation means for us. —It's just a small bay that found its way into your stomach, it couldn't be such a catastrophe.—

—Are you out of your mind. Are you even serious? It couldn't be such a catastrophe.—, I separated our hug as I shot a serious look at him.
—William, a baby is huge responsibility and it demands a lot of sacrifices. For example, we can party now, but when the baby comes, party nights will suddenly be replaced with sleepless nights.—

—I am widely aware.—

—No, you are not. How can you think such a thing? Ad besides, a baby now, baby out of a marriage. Our families would be so disappointed, especially yours family, considering your grandma's looks on matters like this one.—

He shot me a look, a look that show understatement, and probably you're-right-Kate, message. —What have we gotten ourselves into?—

Sitting on the bed, we looked through the hospital papers, along with ultrasound pictures and both of our hearts clenched at the sight of a little pea, which was supposed to be our baby. But I decided, no matter it was a boy or a girl, I would bring this child to the light of the world and love it unconditionally.

—William, may I ask you something?—

—Of course, you may ask me anything you want.—

—Will you support me even if I decide to give this baby a chance to live?—, I asked, feeling my body tremble ad heart clench with each word.

—Of course I will support you. And besides, it's your decision what to do, I mean the baby is in your belly. —

—I can already imagine the disappointment on my parents faces, not to mention Pippa and James.—, I looked at William and he could just nod.

—We will have a conversation with all of them, and if they kill us, they wouldn't see their first grandchild.—, he said as we both cracked a smile.

—But that won't be easy, especially not with yours family.—, I put the papers back in the cabinet and closed it, turning to face William.
—They are going to be so much disappointed in us.—

—BabyKins, let's not focus on that now, okay? Let's focus on meeting this little pea who caused all of the circus in your belly.—, he said as he played with my hair. —Does the little pea listen to its mommy, hm?—, I cracked a smile as he went on to talk to our baby. —You are my everything, and I won't let anything happen to you two.—, he whispered as my head, once again, found its place on my shoulders.

🐝| your fave Croatian royalist came back online to publish a chapter.