Prologue

Kriti

When I woke up in the morning beside him, it felt surreal. I was finally married to him, and I couldn't believe that I had found the love I'd always longed for. He was mine, and I was his. As I opened my eyes, I saw him sleeping peacefully, holding me close. An idea sparked in my mind. I grabbed my phone and snapped a selfie of us. Then, I leaned in to kiss him, and his eyes fluttered open, staring at me like an innocent child.

I showed him the photo, and as he processed what I was doing, a smile spread across his face. He took my phone, set it aside, and pulled me closer. Leaning in, he whispered in my ear, "Wake up, ma'am. You have to accompany me somewhere."

I just love it when he calls me "ma'am." It still gives me butterflies. His words, combined with his sleepy voice, were enough to make my heart flutter. I gave him a puzzled look.

"You'll know when we get there. Wake up now," he said with a smirk.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and cuddled closer. "Just one more minute," I pleaded.

He laughed softly. "One more minute, and we're going to end up fucking each other."

I loved how we could be as dirty as we wanted and still share such deep emotional intimacy. It was everything I'd ever craved. I looked up into his eyes. "Aren't you getting late now, Ved?"

"For you? Never," he replied, pulling me even closer.

His words sent a shiver through me. I stared at him for a moment before saying, "Kiss m—"

I didn't even finish my sentence before his lips were on mine, his hands cupping my cheeks. We had kissed countless times before, but this kiss was different. It felt like a promise, a vow that he would never let our spark die, that he would never let me go. I was all he needed, all he craved—nothing more, nothing less.

He leaned closer, positioning himself above me, his hands tangling in my hair. He stopped, looked into my eyes, and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you," he said softly.

Those three words melted me. I could spend all day just listening to him say, "I love you." They were my favorite words: "I," "Love," and "You."