𝟎𝟒𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

FAMILY TIES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-five,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-five, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

June 4th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUKE'S POV ]

NOTHING IN MY LIFE MATTERS MORE THAN THE GIRL IN FRONT OF ME. For the past seventeen years, there's only been one priority in my life, but for the past six months, my priorities have become two people— my daughter and my nephew, and those two people are currently fighting with one another.

And when I say fighting, I mean they're bickering over something so ridiculous that it can't be classed as fighting.

Jess has been standing at the mirror for the past half an hour trying to sort his hair out for whatever reason, and Lucy is eager to use it as she's supposed to be getting ready for our dinner at Sniffy's. We're already late, and it's Maisie's birthday so we promised to try and be there earlier but that seems unlikely now.

"One day, a bird is gonna land in there and die," Lucy comments, her eyes pinned on his nest of hair. "Seriously, what are you moussing? You have no plans at eight o'clock, do you?"

"It's none of your business," he snaps. "I'll be done when I'm done. Now move out of the way." He nudges her, and I've never seen such fury on my daughter's face.

Lucy leans forward and she snatches the mousse from the sink, and she examines it carefully. "Hey, what would happen if I just..." She sprays some onto her hand, and I watch from the sofa as she slaps her hand against Jess' face. I know I shouldn't laugh as I'm supposed to be the adult, but it's like a crap comedy watching these two fight.

Jess turns to his cousin, one side of his face moussed and he pins Lucy with a death glare. "You're cracked," Jess insults, and I lean back in my chair with a grin on my face.

He then pulls open the cabinet which holds the majority of our medicine, bathroom products and Lucy's birth control. I can already see where this is going, but for some strange reason, I can't move from my seat. It's not unsurprising when Jess pulls the pills out and empties them into the toilet. Lucy tries to stop him, but fails and I realise that I'm just letting my daughter and nephew fight to the death at this point.

"You're insane." Lucy lunges forward, and that's when I finally move from my seat to rush into the bathroom. "I swear, I'm going to kill you. Strangle you in your sleep."