Chapter 4

Fergal Devitt has been living his dream for the past 23 years, having debuted in the professional wrestling scene when he was just 19 years old. Wrestling under the ring name Prince Devitt, he quickly became a force to be reckoned with. After a long stint with various independent promotions and New Japan Pro-Wrestling, he finally made it to the Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment. He debuted with his current ring name, Finn Balor, and won the NXT Championship, having a 292-day reign.

Now, he's in the Judgement Day stable and performs every Monday night, traveling the world. He loves what he does, so why does he find himself in a constant state of disarray lately? It could have something to do with a certain blonde that has carved her way into his thoughts. He couldn't get Stella out of his mind, she has consumed his every waking moment and has even found himself dreaming of her pouty, blush-pink lips on more than one occasion. He won't get into what those lips were doing in his dreams, especially right before his stable is scheduled for a match. It would be an embarrassment to walk through the guerilla with his pants tented, in front of thousands of screaming fans.

Thankfully, his thoughts are interrupted when JD, his tag team partner, walks in the lounge. Noticing Finn's scowl, JD asks, "what's got ye in bits?"

He glances over at his partner, "just not feelin' it today."

"At least yer just standin' ringside," JD responded with a heavy Irish tilt. Finn was happy to have a fellow Irishman in his current stable, someone familiar with his home. He gave him a terse nod and stood up, flexing his muscles and warming up his body for the upcoming match. Yeah, he was just standing ringside today while Damien fought to defend his title, but he was still going to intervene and get thrown around a bit. He needed his body to be prepared for the impact.

Pushing Stella out of his mind, he grinned at JD and said, "let's get out there." The men made their way to the gorilla, the area directly behind the stage, and waited for their que. Damien Priest was fighting Jey Uso in a match that had his title, World Heavyweight Champion, on the line. After a series of powerhouse moves, Finn and JD broke through the curtain and ran down to the ring.

Escaping out of Damien's finish, Jey lands a spear and attempts to pin his opponent. Priest kicks out and Finn, in his attempt to hop the barricade to help his stablemate, gets super kicked out of the ring. With a last attempt to best Priest, Jey goes up top, ready to end this match with a victory. However, Priest cuts him off, sending Jey to the middle of the ring. He climbs to the top rope and hits Jey with his finisher, the South of Heaven, a chokeslam paired with a pin.

The crowd boos as Damien Priest retains his World Heavyweight Championship.

-

Freshened up, the men make their way to the party destination of the night. Believe it or not, Finn typically prefers to stay in. By the time he's traveled to their next destination and performed with his stable, he's exhausted. So, what's dragging him out tonight? Last week his friends were surprised when he changed his mind at the last minute, deciding to go out with them. They didn't have to know the reason for that change was the newest addition to Lina's circle. Finn was intrigued, he wanted to see more of her, so he ventured out that night to the club.

He watched her the entire night. He watched her bite her lip and pick at her hands, filled with anxiety about where she was and what she was doing. He could instantly tell she wasn't a seasoned partier. He watched her slowly let her inhibitions go as Lina filled her up with alcohol. He traced her every movement when she was on that dance floor and eventually forced himself to look away when a man approached her. She wasn't his, Finn had to look away, distracting himself by nursing his beer and laughing with his friends.

It wasn't until he felt her eyes on him that he allowed himself to look back. Anger and disgust filled his thoughts as he saw that man's hands gripping her waist. A waist that turned into the beautiful curve of her hips, hips that Finn had a desire to feel for himself. Then, she was dragged away, and their eye contact was quickly severed. She disappeared from his line of vision and without thinking, he excused himself, following Stella and the stranger.