Chapter 6

3rd pov

Dipper and Ian had practiced their flames all day and were lying down, about to go to sleep. There was a bang and screaming, causing the two to get up and rush downstairs.

"Dipper?" A voice asked, Dipper spun around and saw his grunkle Ford.

The lanky man looked confused, running a hand through his hair.

"Why are you here?" Dipper asked, keeping Ian next to him.

"We got lost, we're home now. Where's your sister?" Stan said.

The plump man placed his hands on his hips.

"Asleep." Dipper picked up Ian, who fell asleep with his head on Dipper's shoulder.

"Okay, we'll see her in the morning." Stan finished.

Dipper went back upstairs, lying down and falling asleep quickly.

"Pinetree, you'll never guess what Ian did!" Bill spoke excitedly.

"What?" Dipper said smiling at the two.

"He was able to reach the mindscape all by his self!" Bill was acting like Ian had won a Nobel Peace prize and it simply melted Dipper's heart.

"I'm so proud of you Ian." Dipper said, holding the boy close.

Ian smiled a huge and childlike smile and Bill kissed the top of Ian's head.

"We both are very proud of you." Bill said and Ian giggled.

"Well, Can I see your flames?" Bill asked and both Dipper and Ian showed him.

Bill smiled.

"Very good, we can move on quicker than I thought. Let's start learning runes." Bill said.

Bill snapped his fingers and both boys had a journal with their birthmark on it.

"You will wanna take notes." Bill smiled and Ian nodded.

Bill drew runes in both books and then began to tell the two what each rune meant. The three of them sat there for a while, learning runes and joking. They had just finished the lesson when the world began to shake softly.

"I'll see you guys soon." Bill said, kissing Ian's forehead.

"See you soon mommy!" Ian replied.

"See you soon Bill." Dipper smiled and pulled Ian closer.

The two woke up and Ian let out a tired yawn. Dipper smiled and took him downstairs for breakfast.

"Why is my son sleeping in the same bed as you?" Mabel asked accusingly.

Dipper rolled his eyes.

"Because he is my five-year-old nephew who needs love that his mother refuses to give him." Dipper said, not breaking his stride downstairs.

Mabel followed angrily, shouting at Dipper all the way downstairs. When they reached the kitchen Mabel began to fake cry.

"Dipper! what have you done?" Ford asked, crossing his arms.

"Nothing." Dipper responded numbly.

There was a time when Dipper would have been scared of Ford, but now that he was learning with Bill he felt no fear.

"Leave Uncle Dipper alone!" Ian shouted, his face pressed against Dipper's chest.

"Baby, Come back to mommy." Mabel tried to coo.

"No! You're not my mommy!" Ian looked away from the pitiful woman.

"Ian, Baby, what had Dipper done to you?" Mabel asked.

Ian just stuck out his tongue and ignored Mabel. Dipper smiled at the boy and Ian wrapped his arms around Dipper's neck.

"Dipper, give your sister her kid back." Stan started.

"No! I've seen her hit Ian for no reason!" Dipper snapped.

"Dipper!" Ford shouted.

Dipper didn't listen, running off into the woods. He found himself at Bill's statue and without thinking he took Bill's hand.

The stone began to crumble and Bill began to glow a gold color. Within seconds he was in front of Dipper and Ian.

"Pinetree? What's going on?" Bill asked.

"I want to make a deal. You protect Ian and I and we will help you restart weirdmaggedon."  Dipper offered.

Bill nodded and his hand was engulfed in blue flames. The deal was done.